|No. 82 Hamilton Tiger-Cats|
|Date of birth:||February 21, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Kent, Washington|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||204 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Ft. Lauderdale (FL) Dillard|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Brian Edward Tyms (born February 21, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at Florida A&M. He signed with the San Francisco 49ers as undrafted free agent in 2012. He has also been a member of the Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts.
San Francisco 49ers
On October 22, 2013, Tyms signed with the Browns. After spending time on the practice squad, Tyms was elevated to the active roster on December 4, 2013, after defensive end Desmond Bryant was placed on the non-football illness list.
New England Patriots
On July 27, 2014, Tyms signed with the New England Patriots. On August 7, in a preseason game against the Washington Redskins, Tyms scored his first touchdown as a Patriot. Additionally, he caught 5 passes for 119 yards. After the preseason, Tyms was informed he would be on the 53-man roster following his suspension in April. Tyms was activated to the 53-man roster on October 6, 2014. Tyms scored his first NFL touchdown on October 12 on a 43-yard pass from Tom Brady. Prior to the touchdown, Tyms had two career NFL receptions for 12 yards. Although he was inactive Tyms earned a Super Bowl ring as the Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks 28-24 in Super Bowl XLIX.
On April 7, 2016 Tyms signed with the Indianapolis Colts.
On October 24, 2016, Tyms was signed to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' practice roster. Tyms played in the final game of the regular season and the Tiger-Cats lone playoff game. In his one regular season game he caught 4 passes for 33 yards with 1 touchdown. He had a breakout performance in the Eastern Division Semi Final against the Eskimos, catching a game high 8 passes for 114 yards. Nevertheless, the Tiger-Cats were defeated 24-21 thus ending their 2016 season.
- "Brian Tyms Bio". FAMU Athletics. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- Most, Jacob (August 17, 2012). "Undrafted Receivers Seek to Shine". 49ers.com. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- Branch, Eric (August 16, 2012). "Raw rookie WR Tyms learning from legend". Niner Insider Blog. SF Gate. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- Fialkov, Harvey (September 10, 2012). "Miami Dolphins sign ex-Dillard WR Brian Tyms to practice squad". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- Nelson, Chris J. (December 30, 2012). "Brian Tyms could earn promotion to active roster Sunday". The Miami Dolphins Spotlight. Blogspot. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "Browns: The #Browns have placed DL Desmond Bryant on non-football illness list & promoted WR Brian Tyms to active roster.". Twitter. December 4, 2013. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- Howe, Jeff (August 30, 2014). "Sources: Ryan Mallett, Brian Tyms will stick, Josh Boyce, Jon Halapio, Jake Bequette among Pats' cuts". Boston Herald. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- Reiss, Mike (October 12, 2014). "Brian Tyms makes most of opportunity with long TD catch". ESPN. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- "Tiger-Cats Add Wide Receiver Tyms and Defensive End McCord to Practice Roster".
- "2016-11-13 - Edmonton Eskimos vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2357) - CFL.ca". CFL.ca. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Kelly, Omar (October 16, 2012). "Dolphins' Brian Tyms grew up hard and fast". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- Volin, Ben (August 11, 2014). "Long shot Brian Tyms may catch on with Patriots". Boston Globe. Retrieved October 13, 2014.