Greg Robinson (offensive tackle)
|No. 73 Los Angeles Rams|
|Date of birth:||October 21, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Thibodaux, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||332 lb (151 kg)|
|High school:||Thibodaux (LA)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 1 / Pick: 2|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Gregory Robinson (born October 21, 1992) is an American football offensive tackle for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Rams second overall in the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Auburn.
Robinson attended Thibodaux High School in Thibodaux, Louisiana, where he was a two-time all-state lineman. He did not play on the offensive line until junior year of high school after playing defensive line as a freshman. After his senior season, Robinson participated in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
Also a standout athlete, he was one of the state's top performers in the shot put. In the discus, he got a top-throw of 43.48 meters at the 2010 Thibodaux Tiger Relays, placing second. He won the shot put event at the 2011 High School Last Chance Qualifier, recording a career-best throw of 18.26 meters.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 in||332 lb||35 in||10 in||4.92 s||1.72 s||2.88 s||4.86 s||7.80 s||28½ in||9 ft 5 in||32 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Robinson was drafted second overall in the 2014 NFL Draft by the St. Louis Rams. Robinson was the highest Auburn Tigers offensive lineman ever selected, beating out Ken Rice, the 8th overall pick in 1961.
In 2016, Robinson reportedly showed up to training camp 14-15 lbs overweight. He started the regular season as the starting left tackle but was inefficient throughout the first ten games of the season and was also penalized 12 times in the first ten games. On November 27, 2016, Robinson was a healthy scratch for the Ram's Week 11 match-up against the New Orleans Saints and was replaced by starting left guard Rodger Saffold.
- "Greg Robinson". Rivals.com. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- Erickson, Joel A. (December 24, 2011). "Auburn football: Freshman left tackle Greg Robinson wows Tigers during practice for Chick-fil-A Bowl". Ledger-Enquirer. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "2013 Associated Press All-SEC Team Announced". secdigitalnetwork.com. December 9, 2013. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "Greg Robinson". nfl.com. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- Farrar, Doug (May 8, 2014). "St. Louis Rams select Greg Robinson with the No. 2 pick 2014 NFL draft". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- Black, Ryan (May 8, 2014). "Auburn's Greg Robinson taken by St. Louis with second overall pick". Ledger-Enquirer. Retrieved May 9, 2014."[...] Robinson's pick marked the highest an Auburn lineman has ever been selected in the NFL, bettering Ken Rice, who was taken with the eighth overall pick by the Cardinals [...] in 1961."
- "Sportrac.com: Greg Robinson contract". Sportrac.com. Retrieved November 27, 2016.
- Kevin Patra (November 27, 2016). "Greg Robinson is a healthy scratch for LA Rams". NFL.com. Retrieved November 27, 2016.