James Morris (American football)
|No. 40 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:||November 20, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Solon, Iowa|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||Solon (IA)|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
New England Patriots
Morris was signed as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots on May 16, 2014. He was then released on May 20, 2014. Morris was then re-signed by the New England Patriots on August 3, 2014. He was placed on injured reserve during final cuts on August 30 of that year. Morris won Super Bowl XLIX with the Patriots after they defeated the defending champion Seattle Seahawks 28-24.
New York Giants
On September 16, 2015, the New York Giants signed Morris to their practice squad. On October 31, 2015, the Giants announced they had waived cornerback Brandon McGee, and promoted Morris to their active roster. On November 17, 2015, Morris was waived by the Giants. On November 19, 2015, Morris was re-signed to the practice squad. On December 5, 2015, he was promoted to the active roster. On December 25, 2015, Morris was placed on injured reserve due to a quad injury. On May 9, 2016, Morris was waived by the Giants.
On August 2, 2016, Morris was signed as a free agent by the Dallas Cowboys, to provide depth because of the injuries at the linebacker position. On August 30, he was placed on the injured reserve list.
- "Patriots re-sign rookie LB James Morris". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- Eisen, Michael (September 16, 2015). "Giants add three players to practice squad". Giants.com. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Bouda, Nate (October 31, 2015). "Giants Waive CB Brandon McGee, Promote LB James Morris". foxnews.com. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- "Giants waive linebacker James Morris, cut wideout Julian Talley from practice squad". NJ.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Giants re-sign linebacker James Morris to practice squad". NJ.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Giants sign LB James Morris to active roster; waive CB Leon McFadden". www.giants.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- Eisen, Michael (December 25, 2015). "DE Brad Bars and TE Matt LaCosse added to active roster". Giants.com. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (May 9, 2016). "Giants sign DE Ishaq Williams; Announce roster transactions". Giants.com. Retrieved August 10, 2016.
- Alper, Josh (August 2, 2016). "Cowboys sign LB James Morris, will look for more defensive help". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- "Taylor and James". Retrieved February 19, 2016.