|Public (LSE: AHT)|
Chris Cole, Chairman |
Geoffrey Drabble, CEO
|Revenue||£2,038.9 million (2015)|
|£556.9 million (2015)|
|£303.4 million (2015)|
|Total assets||$6.66 billion (2016)|
Ashtead Group plc is a British industrial equipment rental company formerly based in Leatherhead, Surrey but which has since moved to new offices in the City of London. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Ashtead was founded in 1947 in the village of Ashtead, Surrey, as Ashtead Plant and Tool Hire. In 1986 it was first listed on the London Stock Exchange. In 1990 it bought Sunbelt Rentals. In 2006 it acquired NationsRent Inc for $1bn. In 2008 it sold Ashtead Technology in a management buyout deal.
The Company operates internationally, servicing customers in the US and UK. It hires out large industrial items such as aerial work platforms, backhoes, excavators and forklift trucks, and smaller equipment such as power saws, ladders, and pumps. Approximately 85% of its revenue is generated in the US through the subsidiary Sunbelt Rentals, present in more than 513 locations across the country.
- A-Plant, Plant and Tools
- A-Plant, Acrow
- A-plant, Trenchless Technologies
- A-Plant, Accommodation
- A-Plant, Power Generation and Rentarc
- A-Plant, Rail
- A-Plant, Powered Access
- A-Plant, Lifting and Handling
- A-Plant, Lux Traffic Systems
- A-Plant, Survey
|Geoff Drabble||Chief executive officer||£456,000||£114,000||£570,000|
|S.Ian Robson||Finance director||£328,000||£82,000||£410,000|
|Sat Dhaiwal||Executive director||£220,000||£220,000|
- "Annual Report 2015" (PDF). Ashtead Group. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Our history". Ashtead Group. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Sunbelt and NationsRent to merge". Construction Equipment. 1 October 2006. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Ashtead sells Ashtead Technology Rentals to MBO Team for £95.6m". Reuters. 23 June 2008. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "AHT Profile & Executives - Ashtead Group PLC". Bloomberg. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Geoff Drabble: Executive Profile & Biography". BusinessWeek. McGraw-Hill. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Astead Group plc - Directors". Ashtead Group PLC. Archived from the original on 1 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Sat Dhaiwal: Executive Profile & Biography". BusinessWeek. McGraw-Hill. Retrieved 2009-09-18.