|Industry||Construction, Consultancy, Real Estate|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Products||Cost management; project and program management; and specialist consulting services|
Number of employees
Davis Langdon, An AECOM Company, is a construction consultancy company, founded in 1919, with approximately 2,500 employees working in over 18 countries worldwide. In October 2010, the company became part of AECOM Technology Corporate – a global provider of professional technical and management support services. From that date Davis Langdon became known globally as AECOM’s Program, Cost, Consultancy team, whilst continuing to present its services to the market as Davis Langdon, An AECOM Company.
On 1 October 2013, Davis Langdon, An AECOM Company rebranded as AECOM in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas. In Australia and New Zealand however, the company continues to be known as Davis Langdon, An AECOM Company. Furthermore, in Asia, it is known as Davis Langdon KPK, An AECOM Company, which incorporates the name of KPK – an Asia-based company specializing in construction estimation and contract management consultancy that was acquired by AECOM in 2012.
The specific services offered globally by the company include cost consultancy, project management, CDM coordinator and health and safety services, management consulting, legal support, specification consulting, engineering services, fiscal incentives advice and facilities management. The company provides these services for clients investing in infrastructure, property and construction and has worked on a number of high-profile projects including the Olympic Park for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London; Tate Modern and the Eden Project in the United Kingdom; Estádio do Dragão in Portugal; Abu Dhabi International Airport; Grand Egyptian Museum in Cairo, Egypt; The Gateway Bridge Upgrade in Brisbane, Australia; the San Francisco Transbay Terminal, U.S.; the Gautrain Rapid Rail Link in Johannesburg, and Green Point, Cape Town – built for the 2010 FIFA World Cup – in Cape Town, South Africa.
List of notable projects
Projects worked on by Davis Langdon, An AECOM Company include:
- Adelaide Botanic Garden, Australia
- Alexandria Library, Egypt
- Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center, Anchorage, Alaska
- Baha Mar Resort, Bahamas
- Beirut Central District, Lebanon
- Birmingham Central Library, UK
- British Council, Egypt
- British Embassy, Bahrain
- British Empire and Commonwealth Museum "Abolition of Slavery Exhibition", Bristol, UK
- Central Bank of Kuwait
- Central Terminal Building, Johannesburg International Airport, South Africa
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Commercial Bank Tower, Doha, State of Qatar
- Commerzbank, Frankfurt
- Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, New York, USA
- Dubai Waterfront, UAE
- Dublin Airport – Terminal 2
- Eastside, Birmingham, UK
- Eden Project, Cornwall, UK
- Elephant House, Copenhagen Zoo
- Gateway Bridge Upgrade, Brisbane, Australia
- Grand Egyptian Museum
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- Legoland, Germany
- London 2012 Summer Olympics - Olympic Park, East London
- Mall of the Emirates, Dubai
- Mondavi Center for the Arts, University of California, Davis, California, USA
- National Waterfront Museum, Swansea, UK
- Paradise project delivering Liverpool 1, Liverpool, UK
- Rennes Viaduct, France
- Royal Festival Hall, London, UK
- Shard London Bridge, London, UK
- Smithsonian Institution, Patent Office Building, Washington DC, USA
- Tate Modern, London, UK
- The Lakes Resort, Cairns, Australia
- The Liverpool Arena and Convention Centre at Kings Waterfront, Liverpool, UK
- Theatre Royal, Norwich, Norwich, UK
- V&A Waterfront Marina, Cape Town, South Africa
- Westfield Shopping Centre, West London
- Meikle, Jim, Thinking Big: The History of Davis Langdon, Black Dog Publishing, 2009 ISBN 978-1-906155-71-1
- "AECOM corporate website - History of Davis Langdon". AECOM. 2013. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "AECOM corporate website - press release on Davis Langdon merger". AECOM. 2013. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "AECOM corporate website - Program, Cost, Consultancy". AECOM. 2013. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "AECOM corporate website - press release on KPK merger". AECOM. 2013. Retrieved November 13, 2013.