Flint & Neill
|Founder||Tony Flint, Tony Neill|
|Headquarters||United Kingdom & Worldwide|
|David MacKenzie, Ian Firth, Lars Hauge|
|Services||engineering consulting, Construction management|
Flint & Neill is a UK based firm of consulting civil and structural engineers. Flint & Neill was established as an engineering consultancy in 1958 and specialises mainly in the design, analysis, construction and maintenance of bridges, although they do also provide structural engineering services for other structures including buildings. The firm is a subsidiary of the Danish COWI Group and forms part of their Bridge, Tunnel and Marine Structures Division. From 1 January 2017 Flint & Neill will rebrand as COWI.
- 1958 – 1978 Partners: A.R. Flint, J.A. Neill
- 1978 – 1981 Partners: A.R. Flint, J.A. Neill, B.W. Smith
- 1981 – 1990 Partners: A.R. Flint, B.W. Smith
- 1990 – 1997 Partners: B.W. Smith, J.E. Evans, I.P.T. Firth
- 1997 – 2002 Partners: J.E. Evans, I.P.T. Firth, D.K.MacKenzie
- 2002 – 2008 Partners: I.P.T. Firth, D.K.MacKenzie
- Present Directors: D.K.MacKenzie, I.P.T. Firth, J.D. Cutter, R.A. Percy, E.J. Rees, P.A. Sanders, H. Wood
- Royal Ballet School Bridge of Aspiration
- West Gate Bridge Strengthening, Melbourne, Australia
- National Theatre, London.
- Baha'I Lotus Temple, New Delhi, India
- Strait of Messina Bridge, Italy
- Swansea Sail Bridge, Wales
- Compiègne Bridge, France
The Institution of Structural Engineers presented Flint & Neill with 2 Awards during their Structural Awards ceremony: Schuman Bridge won the Award for Highway or Railway Bridge Structures and Greenwich Reach Swing Bridge won the Award for Pedestrian Bridges.
The British Construction Industry Awards awarded The Temporary Works Award to the QEII Bridge Joint Replacement Project, for which Flint & Neill were principal designers.
M48 Wye Bridge Expansion Joint Rocker Arm Replacement won the ICE Wales Cymru Project Award
The Saints Stadium Bridge, St Helens, UK was awarded a Commendation for High Standard of Design Achieved at The Structural Steel Design Awards
Castle Green Bridge was given the Award for Infrastructure (Small Firm) at the ACE Engineering Excellence Awards. The project also received a Commendation at The Structural Awards, in the Small Projects category.
The firm, together with Sinclair Knight Merz, won the Institution of Structural Engineers Supreme Award in 2012 for the West Gate Bridge Strengthening project. The same project also won several other awards in the UK and Australia.
- "About Flint & Neill". Flint & Neill.
- "History of Flint & Neill". Flint & Neill.
- "Bridge of Aspiration project sheet" (PDF). Flint & Neill.
- "West Gate Bridge strengthening project sheet" (PDF). Flint & Neill.
- "National Theatre Project Sheet" (PDF). Flint & Neill.
- "Baha'i Temple project sheet" (PDF). Flint & Neill.
- "Messina Strait Bridge project sheet" (PDF). Flint & Neill.
- "Swansea Sail Bridge project sheet" (PDF). Flint & Neill.
- "Compiègne Bridge project sheet" (PDF). Flint & Neill.
- "West Gate Bridge Strengthening". Institution of Structural Engineers.
- "Flint & Neill Awards". Flint & Neill.