Number of employees
Sweett Group, formerly known as Cyril Sweett, is an international physical assets management consultancy. It is part of Currie & Brown.
The firm was founded in 1928 by Cyril Sweett. The firm launched an initial public offering on the Alternative Investment Market under the name Cyril Sweett in 2007, raising £26m and valuing the business at £61m. The Group initially expanded throughout the UK and then internationally, with the acquisition of a number of cost management and project management firms, including Burns Bridge, an Australian-based project management firm, and in July 2010, Widnell, the biggest independent cost management firm in Asia. The organisation was rebranded as Sweett Group in July 2011, consolidating the Group's existing brands. The firm was acquired by Currie & Brown in August 2016.
- Boyd, Olivia (26 October 2007). "AIM float values Cyril Sweett at £61m". Building. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Boyd, Olivia (25 July 2008). "Sweett smell of success: Cyril Sweett interview". Building. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Hankinson, Andrew (9 July 2010). "Cyril Sweett buys biggest QS in Asia". Building. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Sidders, Jack (1 July 2011). "Cyril Sweett to drop the 'Cyril'". Construction News. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Hope, Gerhard (17 October 2011). "Cyril Sweett rebrands itself as the Sweett Group". Construction Week. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Morby, Aaron (30 June 2016). "WSP concedes defeat in bid battle for Sweett". Construction Enquirer. Retrieved 27 August 2016.