Ukraine at the Olympics
|Ukraine at the|
|NOC||National Olympic Committee of Ukraine|
|Other related appearances|
Russian Empire (1900–1912)|
Soviet Union (1952–1988)
Unified Team (1992)
Ukraine first participated at the Olympic Games as an independent nation in 1994, and has sent athletes to compete in every Summer Olympic Games and Winter Olympic Games since then. The first athlete who won the gold medal for the yellow-blues was Oksana Baiul.
Previously, athletes of modern Ukraine mostly competed as part of the Russian Empire (1900-1912) and the Soviet Union from 1952 to 1988, and after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Ukrainian athletes were part of the Unified Team in 1992. Tatiana Gutsu became the best athlete of the Unified Team in 1992 from the independent Ukraine.
Historically, there were few athletes of Ukraine who also defended colors of Romania, Poland, and others nations. Please note that not all athletes are ethnic Ukrainians.
Medals by Summer Games
Medals by Winter Games
Medals by summer sport
Medals by winter sport
List of medalists
|Gold||Oksana Baiul||1994 Lillehammer||Figure skating||Ladies' singles|
|Bronze||Valentina Tserbe||1994 Lillehammer||Biathlon||Women's sprint|
|Silver||Olena Petrova||1998 Nagano||Biathlon||Women's individual|
|Bronze||Lilia Efremova||2006 Turin||Biathlon||Women's sprint|
|Bronze|| Elena Grushina |
|2006 Turin||Figure skating||Ice dancing|
|Gold|| Vita Semerenko |
|2014 Sochi||Biathlon||Women's relay|
|Bronze||Vita Semerenko||2014 Sochi||Biathlon||Women's sprint|
- 1994 Lillehammer – Viktor Petrenko
- 1996 Atlanta – Sergey Bubka
- 1998 Nagano – Andriy Deryzemlya
- 2000 Sydney – Yevhen Braslavets
- 2002 Salt Lake City – Olena Petrova
- 2004 Athens – Denys Sylantyev
- 2006 Turin – Natalya Yakuchenko
- 2008 Beijing – Yana Klochkova
- 2010 Vancouver – Liliya Ludan
- 2012 London – Roman Hontyuk
- 2014 Sochi – Valentina Shevchenko
- 2016 Rio de Janeiro – Mykola Milchev
The most prominent
|The most prominent|
|Yana Klochkova (swimming)||4||1||0||5|
|Lilia Podkopayeva (gymnastics)||2||1||0||3|
|Yuriy Cheban (canoeing)||2||0||1||3|
|Vasyl Lomachenko (boxing)||2||0||0||2|
|Inna Osypenko (canoeing)||1||2||1||4|
|Olha Kharlan (fencing)||1||1||2||4|
|Olena Kostevych (shooting)||1||0||2||3|
- Category:Olympic competitors for Ukraine
- List of Olympic champions of Ukraine
- Ukraine at the Paralympics
- "Ukraine". International Olympic Committee.
- "Results and Medalists". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee.
- "Ukraine". Sports-Reference.com.