Sudan at the Olympics
|Sudan at the|
|NOC||Sudan Olympic Committee|
Sudan first participated at the Olympic Games in 1960, and has sent athletes to compete in most Summer Olympic Games since then. The nation did not attend the 1964 Games, boycotted the 1976 Summer Olympics along with most African nations, and participated in the American-led boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics. The nation has never participated in the Winter Olympic Games.
Ismail Ahmed Ismail, who came second in the men's 800 m in 2008, was the first Sudanese athlete to win an Olympic medal.
Medals by Summer Games
|1964 Tokyo||Did Not Participate|
|1968 Mexico City||5||0||0||0||0||–|
|1976 Montreal||Did Not Participate|
|1980 Moscow||Did Not Participate|
|1984 Los Angeles||5||0||0||0||0||–|
|2016 Rio de Janeiro||6||0||0||0||0||–|
|2020 Tokyo||Future Event|
Medals by sport
List of medalists
|Silver||Ismail Ahmed Ismail||2008 Beijing||Athletics||Men's 800 metres|
- Category:Olympic competitors for Sudan
- "Sudan". International Olympic Committee.
- "Results and Medalists". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee.
- "Sudan". Sports-Reference.com.