Tunisia at the Olympics
|Tunisia at the|
|NOC||Tunisian Olympic Committee|
Tunisia first participated at the Olympic Games in 1960, and has sent athletes to compete in every Summer Olympic Games since then, except when they participated in the American-led boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics. Tunisia has never participated in the Winter Olympic Games.
Tunisian athletes have won a total of 13 medals, four by the great long-distance runner Mohammed Gammoudi in men's athletics, three by long-distance swimmer Oussama Mellouli in men's swimming, two in men's boxing, one in women's athletics, one in women's fencing and one in men's taekwondo.
The National Olympic Committee for Tunisia was created in 1957.
Medals by Games
|1968 Mexico City||1||0||1||2|
|1980 Moscow||did not participate|
|1984 Los Angeles||0||0||0||0|
|2016 Rio de Janeiro||0||0||3||3|
|2020 Tokyo||future event|
Medals by sport
List of medalists
- Category:Olympic competitors for Tunisia
- Tunisia at the Paralympics
- "Tunisia". International Olympic Committee.
- "Results and Medalists". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee.
- "Tunisia". Sports-Reference.com.