Sri Lanka at the Olympics
|Sri Lanka at the|
|NOC||National Olympic Committee of Sri Lanka|
Sri Lanka first participated at the Olympic Games in 1948, and has sent a delegation to every Summer Olympic Games since then, except for the 1976 Games. Sri Lanka has never participated in the Winter Olympic Games.
Sri Lankan athletes have won a total of two Olympic silver medals, both in athletics.
The National Olympic Committee of Sri Lanka was created in 1937 and recognized by the International Olympic Committee that same year. The nation was designated as Ceylon (country code "CEY") until 1972.
Medals by Games
Medals by sport
List of medalists
|Silver||White, DuncanDuncan White||1948 London||Athletics||Men's 400 metre hurdles|
|Silver||Jayasinghe, SusanthikaSusanthika Jayasinghe||2000 Sydney||Athletics||Women's 200 metres|
- Category:Olympic competitors for Sri Lanka
- All-time Olympic Games medal count
- Sri Lanka at the Paralympics
- "Sri Lanka". International Olympic Committee.
- "Results and Medalists". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee.
- "Sri Lanka". Sports-Reference.com.
- (ed.) Berlioux, Monique (February–March 1983). "Sri Lanka and Olympism" (PDF). Olympic Review. Lausanne: International Olympic Committee (184): 139–143. Retrieved 2008-04-03.