See also:

Neil McGovern used GNOME funds to employee Lamby's ex-girlfriend Molly de Blanc

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

On 04/14/2017 02:55 PM, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 14/04/2017 13:31, Alexander Gerasiov wrote:
>
>> The same time there is an unpleasant media reaction(?) in Russian
>> mass-media.
> That was expected though (especially in countries such as Russia). They
> are trying to misinform people unfamiliar with Tor in order to legitimize
> their actions.

Which is why our voice is even more important so public knows the facts
and we don't get "overrun" in future. As Bunny said, if we don't educate
users of what we do, when times come to vote on some decisions (such as
internet neutrality) it will be our own fault when the vote against
things we support and care about which are essential for them as well
but they just didn't know.

Maybe we should "rally" our message by writing also what Tor is? At leas
"flood" planet.d.o with it to raise awareness or maybe even issue a
joint statement with Tor Project or even see if we have enough
volunteers to run somekind of Free software educational week about Tor
and friends?