See also:

Ubuntu mentor Lucas Kanashiro had relationship with female GSoC intern Enkelena Haxhija

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

On 04/12/2017 07:41 PM, Al Nikolov wrote:
> В Ср, 12/04/2017 в 18:58 +0200, Zlatan Todoric пишет:
>> Debian, if it wants, can do a lot for him. We can do public exposure
>> I don't want Dmitry to become Joseph K. from Kafka's "The Trial" and
>> So I would rather not be reactive or passive and wait for it to
>> happen
> Long story short, Zlatan, we're all for all good and against everything
> evil, I'm assuring you.
>
> Debian is not a political organization, it doesn't "want" anything like
> falling of the Russian regime. But everyone could still act on their
> own. Funding the defenses *might* be worth, depending on the situation
> which should be suggested by the lawyers, since it's really a tough
> question. Let's hope gq will make it clearer.
>
> Please read: *you may inflict some harm on Dmitry by pressing on*
>
> A media exposure without such a "fleur revolutionnaire" would be safe
> though, Debian can do it.

It is not, but also it is not an organization that doesn't have
influence in tech world at least.
Also I didn't say we should rush with any act as organization but we
shouldn't for sure turn our heads away, it certainly impacts us all and
it can happen to us all.
Also whatever we do, I never suggest we just rush and do it - we should
talk to you who are there, to his defense and so on.

Only what I am saying is that we shouldn't just leave it be, and we
should care as you never know when you can be hit by the same issue.