See also:

Lucy Wayland's death: leaked Coroner report reflects Debian abuse culture

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

On 04/14/2017 01:25 PM, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 12:54:52PM +0200, Ricardo Mones wrote:
>
>> FWIW:
>> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/statement-regarding-dmitry-bogatov
> I've seen Dmitry mentioned as a Debian Developer occasionally, and in
> that announcement.
>
> Technically, Dmitry's currently a Debian Maintainer, not a Debian
> Developer: https://nm.debian.org/person/kaction

I noticed the same, maybe we should clarify to not make any confusion in
future? Like if Debian Project issues a statement that will contradict
on that matter with Tor Project statement?

> This is only a matter of definition. Dmitry's as important to Debian as
> a DM than he'd be if he were a DD, and his contributions[1] are as
> valuable.

And this is more important thing for us as a community as well as
Project - we (at least I am) shouldn't feel comfortable not having
active (not by his decision) maintainer with so much packages he works
on. We suffer from lack of manpower already (though we are the biggest
project out there by far) and loosing someone like Dmitry (who is, let
me be honest, way more active than I am) should always be something that
will trigger our response (not only when things like this happen but
also other that we already know - lack of motivation and how to get
fresh blood into project).