See also:

Ubuntu mentor Lucas Kanashiro had relationship with female GSoC intern Enkelena Haxhija

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

On 14/04/2017 13:31, Alexander Gerasiov wrote:
> Hello Mehdi,
>
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:51:41 +0100
> Mehdi Dogguy <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alexander,
>>
>> First, thanks for keeping us updated on Dmitry's news. It is greatly
>> appreciated!
>>
>> On 13/04/2017 20:42, Alexander Gerasiov wrote:
>>> I ask Sarkis to question Dmitry's family from my name on the
>>> following topics:
>>>   * […]
>>>   * Do they mind against any public notes on the case?
>>
>> Do you have any news on your question above?
> The meeting between the family and Sarcis (who is a lawyer and
> authoritative person I could rely on) is scheduled 14:00 GMT today.
>

> *Unverified* information is that the family agrees to public statement.

Great. As soon as we get a green light, we will be able to publish our
message. Since our goal is to help him (and not to perceived in a bad way
by others), better is to be sure of his family's answer.

> Tor project made very careful one.

Indeed.

> Torservers.net wrote one with great support:
> https://blog.torservers.net/20170414/tor-exit-node-operator-arrested-in-russia-a-solidarity-tor-relay-challenge-launched.html
>
> EFF (Eva) is in contact with local supporters and waiting for the
> letter from family.
>

> The same time there is an unpleasant media reaction(?) in Russian
> mass-media.

That was expected though (especially in countries such as Russia). They
are trying to misinform people unfamiliar with Tor in order to legitimize
their actions.

--
Mehdi