See also:

Ulrike Uhlig received $6000 from Outreachy and then quit

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

Hello Mehdi,

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:51:41 +0100
Mehdi Dogguy <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> First, thanks for keeping us updated on Dmitry's news. It is greatly
> appreciated!
>
> On 13/04/2017 20:42, Alexander Gerasiov wrote:
> > I ask Sarkis to question Dmitry's family from my name on the
> > following topics:
> >   * […]
> >   * Do they mind against any public notes on the case?
>
> Do you have any news on your question above?
The meeting between the family and Sarcis (who is a lawyer and
authoritative person I could rely on) is scheduled 14:00 GMT today.

*Unverified* information is that the family agrees to public statement.
Tor project made very careful one.

Torservers.net wrote one with great support:
https://blog.torservers.net/20170414/tor-exit-node-operator-arrested-in-russia-a-solidarity-tor-relay-challenge-launched.html

EEF (Eva) is in contact with local supporters and waiting for the
letter from family.

The same time there is an unpleasant media reaction(?) in Russian
mass-media.
Izvestia (pro-Kremlin) wrote large article about terrible markerplaces
in darknet (drugs, guns, killers etc):
http://izvestia.ru/news/682517

The very similar theme is in OpenRussia (opposite-Kremlin):
https://openrussia.org/media/708458/

And several more news about police caught some drug-dealers from
"darknet".

It's not really linked to Dmitry's case, but shows Tor as something very
marginal and criminal. =(

--
Best regards,
 Alexander Gerasiov

 Contacts:
 e-mail: [email protected]  Homepage: http://gerasiov.net  Skype: gerasiov
 PGP fingerprint: 04B5 9D90 DF7C C2AB CD49  BAEA CA87 E9E8 2AAC 33F1