See also:

Fernanda Weiden showed her belly button to get a Wikipedia vanity page

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

also sprach Jérémy Bobbio <[email protected]> [2017-04-12 12:31 +0200]:
> Has anyone been in touch with his lawyer(s)? It would be
> worthwhile to know what they think could be useful from Debian.
> A public support statement could give wider media exposure, maybe
> some international pressure. But we shouldn't do this without an
> agreement from Dmitry and his legal counsel. It depends on their
> defense strategy.

To be honest, I think we should not expose the project here. We
don't know the exact accusations and we really ought not just offer
to be a witness without being asked.

While I personally would like to believe that Dimitri is the good
guy and the Russian officials the villains, I have no first-hand
information to back this up, and I don't think the project does
either.

There is nothing against the project supporting Dimitri and/or his
lawyers, but I don't think we should do so publicly.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <[email protected]> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

Unless otherwise noted, you may disclose anything I say on this list.