Newspaper endorsements in the United States presidential election, 2016
2016 U.S. presidential election
Various notable newspapers made endorsements of candidates in the 2016 United States presidential election, as follows. Tables below indicate which candidate each publication endorsed in the United States presidential election, 2012 (where known) and include only endorsements for the general election. Primary endorsements are separately listed at newspaper endorsements in the United States presidential primaries, 2016.
Media journalist Jim Rutenberg writes that endorsements in the 2016 presidential election are distinguished by "blunt condemnation" of the Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and by a "save the Republic" tone. Reasons cited by editorial boards for refusing to endorse Trump included his lack of experience in government at any level, as well as, among other reasons, editors' belief that Trump was profoundly ignorant of most areas of public policy, lacked character traits considered desirable in a US president, and took a cavalier attitude towards civil liberties, including, but not limited to, freedom of speech and of the press.
Trump received endorsements from only 20 daily newspapers and six weekly newspapers nationwide, of which only two, the Las Vegas Review-Journal and the (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, had circulations of above 100,000. The small number of endorsements received by Trump was unprecedented in American history for a candidate from a major party.
Among the United States' 100 largest newspapers by paid circulation, 57 endorsed Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, while only two, the Las Vegas Review-Journal and the Florida Times-Union, endorsed Trump. Four (the Chicago Tribune, the Detroit News, the Richmond Times-Dispatch, and the Charleston (South Carolina) Post and Courier) endorsed Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, while three other newspapers (USA Today, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel) specifically discouraged their readers from voting for Trump. Clinton won support from not only traditionally Democratic-leaning newspapers, but also traditionally non-political and conservative newspapers, including those which had "either never before supported a Democrat or had not in many decades ... or had never endorsed any presidential candidate, like USA Today." The endorsements by a handful of newspapers of third party candidates, including independent candidate Evan McMullin as well as Johnson, broke from the usual practice of newspaper editorial boards endorsing a candidate from one of the two major parties.
Endorsements by daily newspapers
|Newspaper||2016 endorsement||Largest reported
|New York Daily News||Hillary Clinton||312,736||July 28||New York||New York||Mitt Romney|
|Houston Chronicle||Hillary Clinton||925,085||July 29||Houston||Texas||Mitt Romney|
|San Francisco Chronicle||Hillary Clinton||277,909||August 5||San Francisco||California||Barack Obama|
|Tulsa World||No endorsement||95,063||August 8||Tulsa||Oklahoma||Mitt Romney|
|The Caledonian-Record||Gary Johnson||10,204||August 9||St. Johnsbury||Vermont|
|The Press Democrat||Hillary Clinton||50,669||August 21||Santa Rosa||California||No endorsement|
|Richmond Times-Dispatch||Gary Johnson||109,345||September 3||Richmond||Virginia||Mitt Romney|
|The Berkshire Eagle||Hillary Clinton||32,612||September 3||Pittsfield||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|The Dallas Morning News||Hillary Clinton||707,792||September 6||Dallas||Texas||Mitt Romney|
|Daily Camera||Hillary Clinton||19,459||September 10||Boulder||Colorado||Barack Obama|
|Winston-Salem Journal||Gary Johnson||62,283||September 11||Winston-Salem||North Carolina||Barack Obama|
|New Hampshire Union Leader||Gary Johnson||48,468||September 15||Manchester||New Hampshire||Mitt Romney|
|The Repository||No endorsement||54,649||September 18||Canton||Ohio||No endorsement|
|Los Angeles Times||Hillary Clinton||965,598||September 23||Los Angeles||California||Barack Obama|
|The Cincinnati Enquirer||Hillary Clinton||207,968||September 23||Cincinnati||Ohio||Mitt Romney|
|Akron Beacon Journal||Hillary Clinton||96,516||September 24||Akron||Ohio||Barack Obama|
|The New York Times||Hillary Clinton||1,119,112||September 24||New York||New York||Barack Obama|
|Portland Press Herald||Hillary Clinton||57,500||September 25||Portland||Maine|
|Kennebec Journal||Hillary Clinton||8,696||September 25||Augusta||Maine|
|The Arizona Republic||Hillary Clinton||496,390||September 27||Phoenix||Arizona||Mitt Romney|
|The Detroit News||Gary Johnson||146,962||September 29||Detroit||Michigan||Mitt Romney|
|The Baltimore Sun||Hillary Clinton||239,354||September 29||Baltimore||Maryland||Barack Obama|
|USA Today||Not Donald Trump||3,866,618||September 29||National||National||No endorsement|
|Sun-Sentinel||Hillary Clinton||210,856||September 30||Fort Lauderdale||Florida||Mitt Romney|
|Chicago Tribune||Gary Johnson||769,215||September 30||Chicago||Illinois||Barack Obama|
|The San Diego Union-Tribune||Hillary Clinton||334,723||September 30||San Diego||California||Mitt Romney|
|Chicago Sun-Times||Hillary Clinton||419,364||September 30||Chicago||Illinois||No endorsement|
|El Paso Times||Hillary Clinton||42,855||September 30||El Paso||Texas||Barack Obama|
|Asheville Citizen-Times||Hillary Clinton||43,096||September 30||Asheville||North Carolina||Barack Obama|
|The Desert Sun||Hillary Clinton||34,114||September 30||Palm Springs||California||Mitt Romney|
|The Sacramento Bee||Hillary Clinton||211,941||September 30||Sacramento||California||Barack Obama|
|The Courier||No endorsement||15,997||October 1||Findlay||Ohio||Mitt Romney|
|Corpus Christi Caller-Times||Hillary Clinton||41,618||October 1||Corpus Christi||Texas||No endorsement|
|The Charlotte Observer||Hillary Clinton||161,836||October 1||Charlotte||North Carolina||Barack Obama|
|The Spectrum||No endorsement||14,545||October 1||St. George||Utah|
|San Antonio Express News||Hillary Clinton||356,401||October 2||San Antonio||Texas||Barack Obama|
|The News-Gazette||No endorsement||39,893||October 2||Champaign-Urbana||Illinois||Mitt Romney|
|The Spokesman-Review||Hillary Clinton||70,476||October 2||Spokane||Washington||Mitt Romney|
|Waco Tribune-Herald||No endorsement||36,065||October 2||Waco||Texas||Mitt Romney|
|The Bakersfield Californian||No endorsement||38,868||October 3||Bakersfield||California||No endorsement|
|Florida Today||No endorsement||80,656||October 3||Melbourne||Florida||Mitt Romney|
|Austin American-Statesman||No endorsement||122,361||October 4||Austin||Texas||No endorsement|
|Tampa Bay Times||Hillary Clinton||475,942||October 6||St. Petersburg||Florida||Barack Obama|
|Effingham Daily News||Hillary Clinton||9,564||October 6||Effingham||Illinois|
|Bangor Daily News||Hillary Clinton||52,382||October 7||Bangor||Maine||Barack Obama|
|Hartford Courant||Hillary Clinton||178,515||October 7||Hartford||Connecticut||Barack Obama|
|The Denver Post||Hillary Clinton||573,542||October 7||Denver||Colorado||Barack Obama|
|The Seattle Times||Hillary Clinton||352,131||October 7||Seattle||Washington||Barack Obama|
|Ventura County Star||Hillary Clinton||56,006||October 7||Camarillo||California||Barack Obama|
|The Cullman Times||Hillary Clinton||11,425||October 7||Cullman||Alabama|
|The Daily Star||Hillary Clinton||10,548||October 7||Oneonta||New York|
|The Post-Standard||Hillary Clinton||111,664||October 7||Syracuse||New York||No endorsement|
|Santa Barbara News-Press||Donald Trump||21,245||October 7||Santa Barbara||California||Mitt Romney|
|Bluefield Daily Telegraph||Hillary Clinton||13,343||October 8||Bluefield||West Virginia||Mitt Romney|
|Lockport Union-Sun & Journal||Hillary Clinton||5,726||October 8||Lockport||New York|
|Pharos-Tribune||Hillary Clinton||8,425||October 8||Logansport||Indiana|
|St. Louis Post-Dispatch||Hillary Clinton||438,058||October 8||St. Louis||Missouri||Barack Obama|
|New Castle News||Hillary Clinton||12,631||October 8||New Castle||Pennsylvania||No endorsement|
|The Meadville Tribune||Hillary Clinton||9,792||October 8||Meadville||Pennsylvania|
|Herald-Banner||Hillary Clinton||4,880||October 8||Greenville||Texas|
|The Boston Globe||Hillary Clinton||377,405||October 8||Boston||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|The Daily Citizen||Hillary Clinton||11,000||October 8||Dalton||Georgia|
|The Commercial Appeal||Hillary Clinton||110,453||October 8||Memphis||Tennessee||No endorsement|
|The Daily Independent||Hillary Clinton||12,088||October 8||Ashland||Kentucky|
|Clinton Herald||Hillary Clinton||7,950||October 8||Clinton||Iowa|
|The Fresno Bee||Hillary Clinton||108,116||October 8||Fresno||California||Barack Obama|
|Deseret News||Not Donald Trump||102,194||October 8||Salt Lake City||Utah||No endorsement|
|Enid News & Eagle||Hillary Clinton||11,693||October 8||Enid||Oklahoma|
|The Olympian||Hillary Clinton||21,325||October 8||Olympia||Washington||Barack Obama|
|The News Virginian||Hillary Clinton||5,298||October 8||Waynesboro||Virginia|
|The News & Observer||Hillary Clinton||147,218||October 8||Raleigh||North Carolina||Barack Obama|
|Muskogee Phoenix||Hillary Clinton||9,741||October 8||Muskogee||Oklahoma|
|Times-Standard||Hillary Clinton||21,623||October 8||Eureka||California|
|Niagara Gazette||Hillary Clinton||10,008||October 9||Niagara Falls||New York|
|Kokomo Tribune||Hillary Clinton||18,029||October 9||Kokomo||Indiana|
|The Free Press||Hillary Clinton||16,874||October 9||Mankato||Minnesota|
|The Tribune-Democrat||Hillary Clinton||28,720||October 9||Johnstown||Pennsylvania||Mitt Romney|
|The Plain Dealer||Hillary Clinton||397,891||October 9||Cleveland||Ohio||Barack Obama|
|Las Vegas Sun||Hillary Clinton||203,736||October 9||Las Vegas||Nevada||Barack Obama|
|The Columbus Dispatch||Hillary Clinton||221,547||October 9||Columbus||Ohio||Mitt Romney|
|The Day||Hillary Clinton||24,657||October 9||New London||Connecticut||Barack Obama|
|The Hawk Eye||Hillary Clinton||15,399||October 9||Burlington||Iowa||Barack Obama|
|The Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette||No endorsement||17,807||October 9||Fayetteville||Arkansas|
|Arkansas Democrat-Gazette||No endorsement||179,134||October 9||Little Rock||Arkansas||Mitt Romney|
|McAlester News-Capital||Hillary Clinton||9,000||October 9||McAlester||Oklahoma|
|Commercial-News||Hillary Clinton||11,100||October 9||Danville||Illinois|
|The Sun News||Hillary Clinton||38,133||October 9||Myrtle Beach||South Carolina||Barack Obama|
|The Daily News of Newburyport||Hillary Clinton||8,052||October 9||Newburyport||Massachusetts|
|The Birmingham News||Hillary Clinton||104,316||October 9||Birmingham||Alabama||No endorsement|
|Press-Register||Hillary Clinton||86,276||October 9||Mobile||Alabama||No endorsement|
|The Huntsville Times||Hillary Clinton||45,471||October 9||Huntsville||Alabama||No endorsement|
|The Eagle-Tribune||Hillary Clinton||28,055||October 9||North Andover||Massachusetts||Mitt Romney|
|The Record||Hillary Clinton||30,617||October 9||Stockton||California||Barack Obama|
|The Valdosta Daily Times||Hillary Clinton||13,223||October 9||Valdosta||Georgia|
|Press-Republican||Hillary Clinton||15,268||October 9||Plattsburgh||New York||No endorsement|
|Cumberland Times-News||Hillary Clinton||21,067||October 9||Cumberland||Maryland|
|Grand Junction Daily Sentinel||Not Donald Trump||24,326||October 9||Grand Junction||Colorado||Mitt Romney|
|Courier News||Hillary Clinton||11,943||October 9||Somerville||New Jersey|
|Marin Independent Journal||Hillary Clinton||27,203||October 9||San Rafael||California||Barack Obama|
|Gloucester Daily Times||Hillary Clinton||6,137||October 9||Gloucester||Massachusetts|
|The Salem News||Hillary Clinton||15,624||October 9||Salem||Massachusetts|
|Asbury Park Press||Hillary Clinton||109,060||October 9||Asbury Park||New Jersey||Barack Obama|
|Daily Record||Hillary Clinton||14,952||October 9||Morristown||New Jersey|
|The Woodward News||Hillary Clinton||3,414||October 9||Woodward||Oklahoma|
|The Register-Herald||Hillary Clinton||17,754||October 9||Beckley||West Virginia|
|The Huntsville Item||Hillary Clinton||4,288||October 9||Huntsville||Texas|
|News and Tribune||Hillary Clinton||6,052||October 9||Jeffersonville||Indiana|
|Greensburg Daily News||Hillary Clinton||3,592||October 9||Greensburg||Indiana|
|The Daily Item||Hillary Clinton||20,639||October 9||Sunbury||Pennsylvania||Barack Obama|
|The Norman Transcript||Hillary Clinton||9,249||October 9||Norman||Oklahoma|
|Times West Virginian||Hillary Clinton||7,987||October 9||Fairmont||West Virginia|
|Naples Daily News||No endorsement||45,831||October 9||Naples||Florida||Mitt Romney|
|Tribune-Star||Hillary Clinton||18,502||October 10||Terre Haute||Indiana|
|The Joplin Globe||Hillary Clinton||22,684||October 10||Joplin||Missouri||Mitt Romney|
|The Record||Hillary Clinton||175,452||October 10||Hackensack||New Jersey||Barack Obama|
|Bristol Herald Courier||No endorsement||26,166||October 10||Bristol||Virginia|
|The Times Record||Hillary Clinton||9,600||October 10||Brunswick||Maine|
|Santa Cruz Sentinel||Hillary Clinton||24,000||October 11||Scotts Valley||California||Barack Obama|
|The Goshen News||Hillary Clinton||8,440||October 11||Goshen||Indiana|
|York Daily Record||Not Donald Trump||71,315||October 11||York||Pennsylvania||Barack Obama|
|The Bernardsville News||Hillary Clinton||4,891||October 11||Bernardsville||New Jersey||Barack Obama|
|Telegraph Herald||Not Donald Trump||34,015||October 11||Dubuque||Iowa||No endorsement|
|Mineral Wells Index||Hillary Clinton||2,370||October 12||Mineral Wells||Texas|
|Ada Evening News||Hillary Clinton||7,871||October 12||Ada||Oklahoma|
|The Salt Lake Tribune||Hillary Clinton||148,079||October 12||Salt Lake City||Utah||Barack Obama|
|The Burlington Free Press||Hillary Clinton||25,848||October 12||Burlington||Vermont||Barack Obama|
|Traverse City Record-Eagle||Hillary Clinton||23,406||October 12||Traverse City||Michigan|
|Courier-Post||Hillary Clinton||43,096||October 12||Cherry Hill||New Jersey|
|The Daily Journal||Hillary Clinton||9,983||October 12||Vineland||New Jersey|
|Tahlequah Daily Press||Hillary Clinton||3,189||October 12||Tahlequah||Oklahoma|
|Glasgow Daily Times||Hillary Clinton||6,268||October 12||Glasgow||Kentucky|
|The San Francisco Examiner||Hillary Clinton||254,237||October 13||San Francisco||California||Barack Obama|
|The Washington Post||Hillary Clinton||573,348||October 13||Washington||District of Columbia||Barack Obama|
|Daily Review Atlas||No endorsement||1,419||October 13||Monmouth||Illinois||No endorsement|
|Idaho Statesman||Hillary Clinton||53,784||October 13||Boise||Idaho||No endorsement|
|The Meridian Star||Hillary Clinton||9,750||October 13||Meridian||Mississippi|
|Charleston Gazette-Mail||Split endorsement||54,832||October 14||Charleston||West Virginia||Split endorsement|
|The Jersey Journal||Hillary Clinton||13,687||October 14||Secaucus||New Jersey||Barack Obama|
|News-Press||Hillary Clinton||5,876||October 14||Stillwater||Oklahoma|
|Miami Herald||Hillary Clinton||165,695||October 14||Miami||Florida||Barack Obama|
|Democrat and Chronicle||Hillary Clinton||131,456||October 14||Rochester||New York||Barack Obama|
|The Daily Astorian||Hillary Clinton||6,307||October 14||Astoria||Oregon||Barack Obama|
|The Kansas City Star||Hillary Clinton||226,869||October 14||Kansas City||Missouri||Barack Obama|
|Orlando Sentinel||Hillary Clinton||221,613||October 14||Orlando||Florida||Mitt Romney|
|The Oregonian||No endorsement||209,944||October 14||Portland||Oregon||No endorsement|
|Duncan Banner||Hillary Clinton||7,875||October 14||Duncan||Oklahoma|
|Lexington Herald-Leader||Hillary Clinton||87,769||October 14||Lexington||Kentucky||Barack Obama|
|The Express-Star||Hillary Clinton||4,670||October 14||Chickasha||Oklahoma|
|The York Dispatch||Hillary Clinton||37,000||October 14||York||Pennsylvania|
|El Nuevo Herald||Hillary Clinton||59,617||October 14||Miami||Florida|
|The Times-Picayune||Hillary Clinton||116,161||October 15||New Orleans||Louisiana||No endorsement|
|Mt. Vernon Register-News||Hillary Clinton||5,499||October 15||Mt. Vernon||Illinois|
|The Providence Journal||Hillary Clinton||94,822||October 15||Providence||Rhode Island||Barack Obama|
|The Des Moines Register||Hillary Clinton||174,208||October 15||Des Moines||Iowa||Mitt Romney|
|Reporter-Herald||Hillary Clinton||16,892||October 15||Loveland||Colorado||Mitt Romney|
|Peoria Journal Star||Hillary Clinton||57,165||October 15||Peoria||Illinois||Mitt Romney|
|Omaha World-Herald||Hillary Clinton||141,530||October 15||Omaha||Nebraska||Mitt Romney|
|Roswell Daily Record||No endorsement||10,013||October 15||Roswell||New Mexico|
|The Santa Fe New Mexican||Hillary Clinton||18,337||October 15||Santa Fe||New Mexico||Barack Obama|
|The Herald Bulletin||Hillary Clinton||16,930||October 15||Anderson||Indiana||Barack Obama|
|Midland Daily News||Hillary Clinton||11,764||October 15||Midland||Michigan||Mitt Romney|
|Longmont Times-Call||Hillary Clinton||12,905||October 15||Longmont||Colorado||Mitt Romney|
|The Modesto Bee||Hillary Clinton||59,555||October 15||Modesto||California||No endorsement|
|Adirondack Daily Enterprise||Hillary Clinton||3,600||October 15||Saranac Lake||New York|
|Concord Monitor||Hillary Clinton||22,747||October 16||Concord||New Hampshire||Barack Obama|
|The Bulletin||Hillary Clinton||25,531||October 16||Bend||Oregon||Mitt Romney|
|Foster's Daily Democrat||Hillary Clinton||16,235||October 16||Dover||New Hampshire||Mitt Romney|
|The Courier-Journal||Hillary Clinton||202,164||October 16||Louisville||Kentucky||Barack Obama|
|Wisconsin State Journal||Hillary Clinton||91,043||October 16||Madison||Wisconsin||Mitt Romney|
|The News Leader||Hillary Clinton||15,605||October 16||Staunton||Virginia||Barack Obama|
|The Columbian||Hillary Clinton||31,496||October 16||Vancouver||Washington||Mitt Romney|
|The Pantagraph||Hillary Clinton||32,762||October 16||Bloomington-Normal||Illinois||Mitt Romney|
|Herald & Review||Hillary Clinton||37,536||October 16||Decatur||Illinois||Mitt Romney|
|The Keene Sentinel||Hillary Clinton||9,602||October 16||Keene||New Hampshire||Barack Obama|
|Staten Island Advance||Hillary Clinton||36,783||October 16||Staten Island||New York||Barack Obama|
|The Oklahoman||No endorsement||151,987||October 16||Oklahoma City||Oklahoma||Mitt Romney|
|The Post-Star||Hillary Clinton||26,257||October 16||Glens Falls||New York||Barack Obama|
|The Register-Guard||Hillary Clinton||49,740||October 16||Eugene||Oregon||Barack Obama|
|Kenosha News||Hillary Clinton||22,353||October 16||Kenosha||Wisconsin|
|Billings Gazette||Hillary Clinton||34,828||October 16||Billings||Montana||Mitt Romney|
|Chattanooga Times Free Press||Split endorsement||73,525||October 16||Chattanooga||Tennessee||Split endorsement|
|St. Joseph News-Press||Donald Trump||24,681||October 16||St. Joseph||Missouri||Mitt Romney|
|Northwest Herald||No endorsement||38,000||October 16||Crystal Lake||Illinois||Mitt Romney|
|The Pueblo Chieftain||No endorsement||35,393||October 16||Pueblo||Colorado||Mitt Romney|
|Star Beacon||Hillary Clinton||12,241||October 16||Ashtabula||Ohio|
|The Press of Atlantic City||No endorsement||63,824||October 16||Atlantic City||New Jersey|
|The Herald||Hillary Clinton||14,855||October 16||Sharon||Pennsylvania||No endorsement|
|Canon City Daily Record||Hillary Clinton||3,433||October 16||Canon City||Colorado||Mitt Romney|
|Merced Sun-Star||Hillary Clinton||13,261||October 17||Merced||California|
|Waxahachie Daily Light||Donald Trump||3,191||October 17||Waxahachie||Texas|
|LNP||Hillary Clinton||80,220||October 18||Lancaster||Pennsylvania||Split endorsements|
|La Opinión||Hillary Clinton||49,953||October 18||Los Angeles||California||Barack Obama|
|Walla Walla Union-Bulletin||Hillary Clinton||11,290||October 18||Walla Walla||Washington||Mitt Romney|
|Chico Enterprise-Record||No endorsement||29,843||October 19||Chico||California||Mitt Romney|
|Oroville Mercury-Register||No endorsement||5,852||October 19||Oroville||California||Mitt Romney|
|El Diario La Prensa||Hillary Clinton||29,339||October 19||New York||New York|
|Boston Herald||No endorsement||96,403||October 20||Boston||Massachusetts||Mitt Romney|
|Fort Worth Star-Telegram||Not Donald Trump||184,988||October 21||Fort Worth||Texas||Mitt Romney|
|The Philadelphia Inquirer||Hillary Clinton||497,142||October 21||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania||Barack Obama|
|Newsday||Hillary Clinton||510,683||October 21||Melville||New York||Mitt Romney|
|Poughkeepsie Journal||Hillary Clinton||26,984||October 21||Poughkeepsie||New York||Barack Obama|
|San Jose Mercury News||Hillary Clinton||634,001||October 21||San Jose||California||Barack Obama|
|East Oregonian||Hillary Clinton||7,000||October 21||Pendleton||Oregon||Barack Obama|
|Dixon Telegraph and Sterling Daily Gazette||No endorsement||21,399||October 21||Sterling||Illinois||Mitt Romney|
|The Herald-Dispatch||No endorsement||35,552||October 21||Huntington||West Virginia||Mitt Romney|
|The Sentinel||No endorsement||10,276||October 21||Carlisle||Pennsylvania|
|The Times-Gazette||Donald Trump||4,300||October 21||Hillsboro||Ohio|
|East Bay Times||Hillary Clinton||525,000||October 21||Walnut Creek||California||Barack Obama|
|Iowa City Press-Citizen||Hillary Clinton||9,939||October 22||Iowa City||Iowa||Barack Obama|
|Daily Herald||Hillary Clinton||102,293||October 22||Arlington Heights||Illinois||Mitt Romney|
|The News Tribune||Hillary Clinton||79,914||October 22||Tacoma||Washington||Barack Obama|
|Star Tribune||Hillary Clinton||589,725||October 22||Minneapolis||Minnesota||Barack Obama|
|Rockford Register Star||Hillary Clinton||41,549||October 22||Rockford||Illinois||Barack Obama|
|The Sun||No endorsement||42,000||October 22||Lowell||Massachusetts||Mitt Romney|
|The State Journal-Register||Hillary Clinton||40,328||October 22||Springfield||Illinois||No endorsement|
|Las Vegas Review-Journal||Donald Trump||133,560||October 22||Las Vegas||Nevada||Mitt Romney|
|The Bulletin||Hillary Clinton||155,47||October 22||Norwich||Connecticut||Mitt Romney|
|The Bradenton Herald||No endorsement||32,938||October 22||Bradenton||Florida||No endorsement|
|Tiffin Advertiser-Tribune||Not Hillary Clinton||9,200||October 23||Tiffin||Ohio|
|Lincoln Journal Star||Hillary Clinton||54,614||October 23||Lincoln||Nebraska||Barack Obama|
|News & Record||Hillary Clinton||68,262||October 23||Greensboro||North Carolina|
|Quad-City Times||Hillary Clinton||46,428||October 23||Davenport||Iowa||Mitt Romney|
|The Decatur Daily||Hillary Clinton||24,807||October 23||Decatur||Alabama||Barack Obama|
|Carroll County Times||No endorsement||27,171||October 23||Westminster||Maryland|
|Cape Cod Times||Hillary Clinton||37,627||October 23||Hyannis||Massachusetts||Mitt Romney|
|The Southern Illinoisan||Hillary Clinton||26,180||October 23||Carbondale||Illinois||Mitt Romney|
|The Daily News||Hillary Clinton||24,331||October 23||Galveston||Texas||Mitt Romney|
|The Scranton Times-Tribune||Hillary Clinton||49,221||October 23||Scranton||Pennsylvania||Barack Obama|
|The Citizens' Voice||Hillary Clinton||25,681||October 23||Wilkes-Barre||Pennsylvania||Barack Obama|
|The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier||No endorsement||37,090||October 23||Waterloo||Iowa||Mitt Romney|
|The Star-Ledger||Hillary Clinton||247,025||October 23||Newark||New Jersey||Barack Obama|
|Globe Gazette||Hillary Clinton||14,923||October 23||Mason City||Iowa|
|The Beaumont Enterprise||Hillary Clinton||27,180||October 23||Beaumont||Texas||Mitt Romney|
|West Central Tribune||No endorsement||10,723||October 23||Willmar||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|The Dickinson Press||No endorsement||5,758||October 23||Dickinson||North Dakota||Mitt Romney|
|The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead||No endorsement||43,606||October 23||Fargo||North Dakota||Mitt Romney|
|Grand Forks Herald||No endorsement||21,324||October 23||Grand Forks||North Dakota||Mitt Romney|
|Sentinel & Enterprise||No endorsement||16,393||October 23||Fitchburg||Massachusetts||Mitt Romney|
|Duluth News Tribune||No endorsement||31,534||October 23||Duluth||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|The Gazette||Hillary Clinton||49,050||October 23||Cedar Rapids||Iowa||Mitt Romney|
|Honolulu Star-Advertiser||Hillary Clinton||171,160||October 23||Honolulu||Hawaii||Barack Obama|
|The Bryan-College Station Eagle||Hillary Clinton||25,918||October 23||Bryan||Texas||Mitt Romney|
|The Gazette||No endorsement||65,112||October 23||Colorado Springs||Colorado||Mitt Romney|
|The Tennessean||No endorsement||198,214||October 23||Nashville||Tennessee||Mitt Romney|
|The Times of Northwest Indiana||No endorsement||77,357||October 23||Munster||Indiana||Mitt Romney|
|The Daily Press||Hillary Clinton||78,749||October 23||Newport News||Virginia||Mitt Romney|
|Antelope Valley Press||Donald Trump||15,735||October 23||Palmdale||California||Mitt Romney|
|AM New York||Hillary Clinton||336,000||October 24||New York||New York|
|Mitchell Daily Republic||No endorsement||9,516||October 24||Mitchell||South Dakota||Mitt Romney|
|Jamestown Sun||No endorsement||4,716||October 24||Jamestown||North Dakota||Mitt Romney|
|Daily Globe||No endorsement||6,041||October 24||Worthington||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|The Bemidji Pioneer||No endorsement||6,102||October 24||Bemidji||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|The Standard-Speaker||Hillary Clinton||14,816||October 25||Hazleton||Pennsylvania|
|Centralia Chronicle||No endorsement||14,000||October 25||Centralia||Washington||No endorsement|
|The Washington Times||Donald Trump||59,185||October 26||Washington, D.C.||District of Columbia||Mitt Romney|
|The Tribune||Hillary Clinton||28,669||October 27||San Luis Obispo||California||No endorsement|
|Reno Gazette-Journal||Hillary Clinton||82,745||October 27||Reno||Nevada||Mitt Romney|
|The Buffalo News||Hillary Clinton||196,737||October 27||Buffalo||New York||Barack Obama|
|Hudson Star-Observer||No endorsement||7,335||October 27||Hudson||Wisconsin||Mitt Romney|
|The Flint Journal||Hillary Clinton||52,415||October 27||Flint||Michigan||Barack Obama|
|Kalamazoo Gazette||Hillary Clinton||41,648||October 27||Kalamazoo||Michigan||Barack Obama|
|Muskegon Chronicle||Hillary Clinton||27,093||October 27||Muskegon||Michigan||Barack Obama|
|The Grand Rapids Press||Hillary Clinton||116,679||October 27||Grand Rapids||Michigan||Mitt Romney|
|Jackson Citizen Patriot||Hillary Clinton||21,823||October 27||Jackson||Michigan||Mitt Romney|
|New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung||Hillary Clinton||10,295||October 28||New Braunfels||Texas|
|Philadelphia Daily News||Hillary Clinton||46,234||October 28||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania||Barack Obama|
|The Recorder||Hillary Clinton||11,522||October 28||Greenfield||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|Daily Hampshire Gazette||Hillary Clinton||14,975||October 28||Northampton||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|The News-Sentinel||Donald Trump||80,879||October 28||Fort Wayne||Indiana||Mitt Romney|
|The Patriot Ledger||Hillary Clinton||34,830||October 29||Quincy||Massachusetts|
|Albany Times Union||Hillary Clinton||107,765||October 29||Albany||New York||Barack Obama|
|The State||Hillary Clinton||67,804||October 29||Columbia||South Carolina||No endorsement|
|Farmington Daily Times||Hillary Clinton||11,103||October 29||Farmington||New Mexico|
|Detroit Free Press||Hillary Clinton||355,000||October 30||Detroit||Michigan||Barack Obama|
|The MetroWest Daily News||Hillary Clinton||16,801||October 30||Framingham||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|The Milford Daily News||Hillary Clinton||5,150||October 30||Milford||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|The Free Lance-Star||No endorsement||39,598||October 30||Fredericksburg||Virginia||Barack Obama|
|The Dispatch / The Rock Island Argus||No endorsement||35,397||October 30||Moline||Illinois||Mitt Romney|
|Erie Times-News||Hillary Clinton||54,325||October 30||Erie||Pennsylvania||Barack Obama|
|Taunton Daily Gazette||Hillary Clinton||5,888||October 30||Taunton||Massachusetts|
|The Enterprise||Hillary Clinton||21,767||October 30||Brockton||Massachusetts|
|Bucks County Courier Times||No endorsement||39,788||October 30||Levittown||Pennsylvania||Mitt Romney|
|Stamford Advocate||Hillary Clinton||12,760||October 30||Stamford||Connecticut||Barack Obama|
|Greenwich Time||Hillary Clinton||6,747||October 30||Old Greenwich||Connecticut||Barack Obama|
|The News-Times||Hillary Clinton||18,931||October 30||Danbury||Connecticut||Barack Obama|
|The Hour||Hillary Clinton||23,788||October 30||Norwalk||Connecticut|
|Connecticut Post||Hillary Clinton||46,317||October 30||Bridgeport||Connecticut|
|The Daily Gazette||Hillary Clinton||57,323||October 30||Schenectady||New York|
|The Herald News||Hillary Clinton||13,060||October 30||Fall River||Massachusetts|
|Tri-City Herald||Hillary Clinton||35,487||October 30||Kennewick||Washington||Mitt Romney|
|Daily Reflector||Donald Trump||16,966||October 30||Greenville||North Carolina||Mitt Romney|
|Sioux City Journal||No endorsement||29,164||October 30||Sioux City||Iowa||Mitt Romney|
|Albuquerque Journal||No endorsement||96,346||October 30||Albuquerque||New Mexico||Mitt Romney|
|The Lima News||No endorsement||26,088||October 30||Lima||Ohio||Mitt Romney|
|The Republican||Hillary Clinton||87,053||October 30||Springfield||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|Daily Herald||Evan McMullin||26,757||October 30||Provo||Utah|
|The Gadsden Times||No endorsement||14,131||October 30||Gadsden||Alabama||No endorsement|
|The Beaver County Times||Hillary Clinton||27,288||October 30||Beaver||Pennsylvania|
|Baytown Sun||No endorsement||10,236||October 30||Baytown||Texas|
|The Athens Messenger||Hillary Clinton||12,000||October 31||Athens||Ohio|
|Aiken Standard||No endorsement||12,832||October 31||Aiken||South Carolina||No endorsement|
|Ashland Daily Tidings||Hillary Clinton||3,800||October 31||Ashland||Oregon|
|The Durango Herald||Hillary Clinton||21,000||November 1||Durango||Colorado||Barack Obama|
|The Vindicator||Hillary Clinton||49,622||November 1||Youngstown||Ohio||Barack Obama|
|The Anniston Star||Hillary Clinton||17,155||November 1||Anniston||Alabama||Barack Obama|
|Mail Tribune||Hillary Clinton||20,208||November 1||Medford||Oregon||Barack Obama|
|Carroll Daily Times Herald||No endorsement||5,456||November 2||Carroll||Iowa||Barack Obama|
|The Aspen Times||Hillary Clinton||6,500||November 2||Aspen||Colorado||Barack Obama|
|Watertown Daily Times||Hillary Clinton||21,583||November 2||Watertown||New York||Mitt Romney|
|Daily Sun News||Gary Johnson||3,300||November 2||Sunnyside||Washington|
|Barre Montpelier Times Argus||Hillary Clinton||6,915||November 3||Barre||Vermont|
|New Haven Register||No endorsement||64,827||November 3||New Haven||Connecticut||Barack Obama|
|The Herald||Hillary Clinton||62,520||November 3||Everett||Washington||Barack Obama|
|The Monterey Herald||Hillary Clinton||20,150||November 3||Monterey||California||Barack Obama|
|Milwaukee Journal Sentinel||Not Donald Trump||318,711||November 4||Milwaukee||Wisconsin||No endorsement|
|The News Journal||Hillary Clinton||104,570||November 4||Wilmington||Delaware||Barack Obama|
|Beloit Daily News||No endorsement||13,145||November 5||Beloit||Wisconsin||Mitt Romney|
|The Citizen||Hillary Clinton||7,925||November 5||Auburn||New York||Barack Obama|
|Observer-Reporter||Hillary Clinton||32,350||November 5||Washington||Pennsylvania||Mitt Romney|
|Greeley Tribune||No endorsement||18,200||November 5||Greeley||Colorado|
|Republican-American||Donald Trump||43,403||November 5||Waterbury||Connecticut||Mitt Romney|
|Ledger-Enquirer||Hillary Clinton||31,864||November 5||Columbus||Georgia||No endorsement|
|The Florida Times-Union||Donald Trump||100,644||November 5||Jacksonville||Florida||Mitt Romney|
|The Daily Leader||No endorsement||5,700||November 5||Brookhaven||Mississippi|
|Peninsula Clarion||Donald Trump||7,000||November 5||Kenai||Alaska||Mitt Romney|
|Athens Banner-Herald||Donald Trump||14,631||November 5||Athens||Georgia|
|The Wall Street Journal||No endorsement||2,378,827||November 6||New York||New York||No endorsement|
|Janesville Gazette||No endorsement||20,000||November 6||Janesville||Wisconsin||Mitt Romney|
|The Ledger||No endorsement||50,180||November 6||Lakeland||Florida||No endorsement|
|The Exponent-Telegram||No endorsement||16,892||November 6||Clarksburg||West Virginia||Mitt Romney|
|The Sun Chronicle||Not Donald Trump||25,372||November 6||Attleboro||Massachusetts|
|Savannah Morning News||Donald Trump||35,043||November 6||Savannah||Georgia||Mitt Romney|
|Topeka Capital-Journal||Donald Trump||29,168||November 6||Topeka||Kansas|
|St. Augustine Record||Donald Trump||15,131||November 6||St. Augustine||Florida|
|The Standard Times||Hillary Clinton||19,972||November 6||New Bedford||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|Juneau Empire||Donald Trump||7,500||November 6||Juneau||Alaska|
|The Augusta Chronicle||Donald Trump||47,456||November 6||Augusta||Georgia||Mitt Romney|
|Lubbock Avalanche-Journal||Donald Trump||29,685||November 6||Lubbock||Texas||Mitt Romney|
|Battle Creek Enquirer||Hillary Clinton||14,789||November 6||Battle Creek||Michigan|
|The Post and Courier||Gary Johnson||74,027||November 6||Charleston||South Carolina||Mitt Romney|
|Valley News||Hillary Clinton||16,605||November 6||West Lebanon||New Hampshire||Barack Obama|
|Danville Register & Bee||Gary Johnson||15,873||November 6||Danville||Virginia||Mitt Romney|
|Bowling Green Daily News||Donald Trump||21,709||November 6||Bowling Green||Kentucky||Mitt Romney|
|Orange County Register||No endorsement||270,742||November 6||Santa Ana||California||No endorsement|
|The Times-Reporter||No endorsement||18,132||November 6||New Philadelphia||Ohio||No endorsement|
|Finger Lakes Times||Hillary Clinton||10,064||November 6||Geneva||New York|
|The Trentonian||Hillary Clinton||23,580||November 6||Trenton||New Jersey||No endorsement|
|The Daily Nonpareil||Not Donald Trump||11,709||November 6||Council Bluffs||Iowa|
- The Daily News's editorial stance is usually identified as "flexibly centrist" with a populist streak. The paper endorsed George W. Bush in 2004, Barack Obama in 2008, and Mitt Romney in 2012. On November 1st, the Daily News published an additional editorial "doubling down" on their endorsement, because "it's that important".
- This was the third time in 64 years that the Chronicle endorsed a Democratic nominee for president. The previous times were 2008 (Barack Obama) and 1964 (Texan Lyndon Johnson).
- This marked a break from the World's traditional practice of endorsing the Republican nominee; it last endorsed a Democrat for president in 1940 (Franklin Roosevelt).
- This was the Times-Dispatch's first endorsement of a Libertarian. They have endorsed the Republican nominee in every election since 1980. The newspaper published an additional editorial on October 29th, confirming that Johnson remains the newspaper's best choice for president.
- This was the Morning News's first endorsement of a Democrat for president since 1944 (Franklin Roosevelt).
- This was the Journal's first endorsement of a Libertarian for president.
- This was the Union Leader's first endorsement of a Libertarian for president, and their first endorsement for a non-Republican in over 100 years. On November 5th, the Union Leader published an additional editorial re-affirming their support of Johnson.
- The Repository has a bipartisan endorsement record since 1980, but did not endorse any candidate in the two most recent elections. An identical editorial ran in The (Massillon) Independent.
- The Times endorsed Republican candidates until 1972, then discontinued endorsements until backing Obama in 2008 and 2012.
- The Enquirer had not endorsed a Democrat for president since 1916 (Woodrow Wilson). On November 2nd, the Enquirer published an additional editorial, re-affirming their endorsement.
- The Times took the additional step of publishing an editorial entitled "Why Donald Trump Should Not Be President."
- This same editorial that appeared in the Portland Press Herald also appeared on the same day in the Augusta, Maine Kennebec Journal
- This was the first time in the Republic's 126-year history that the paper had endorsed a Democrat for president.
- This was the The Detroit News's first endorsement for a non-Republican in their 143-year history. The paper refrained from making an endorsement in three other presidential elections: twice when Franklin Roosevelt was running, and in 2004.
- USA Today published an editorial urging readers not to vote for Donald Trump, marking the first time the newspaper had taken a position in a presidential election in its 34-year history.
- The Sun-Sentinel also published an editorial entitled "Why Trump Is a Terrible Choice."
- This was the Tribune's first endorsement of a Libertarian for president, and first for a third party since 1912 (former Republican Theodore Roosevelt). Traditionally a Republican paper, it endorsed Obama in 2008 and 2012.
- This was the first time in the Union-Tribune's 148-year history that the paper had endorsed a Democrat for president.
- The Sun-Times published an additional editorial on November 4th reinforcing their endorsement of Clinton.
- This marked the first time in the Desert Sun's 90-year history that the newspaper had endorsed a Democrat for president.
- This was the first time in many decades that The Courier had not endorsed the Republican candidate.
- The Caller-Times endorsed McCain in 2008.
- St. George Spectrum and Daily News is part of the USA Today network, but published an independent decision to not endorse.
- The Tribune-Herald's opinion editor states that the editorial board stands by its previous endorsement of John Kasich during the Republican primary and declines to endorse a candidate in the general election.
- Florida Today is part of the USA Today network, but published an independent decision to not endorse.
- The Austin American-Statesman endorsed Bush in 2000 and 2004, Obama in 2008, but declined to endorse in 2012 and 2016.
- The Effingham Daily News does not typically endorse candidates.
- The Daily Star endorsed Obama in 2008.
- There is no published editorial explaining this endorsement.
- The same editorial that appeared in the Herald-Banner appeared in the separate sister weekly publication Rockwall County Herald-Banner on October 14.
- The Commercial Appeal endorsed Republicans from 1980 through 2000, and Democrats in 2004 and 2008.
- The Daily Independent endorsed McCain in 2008
- The News – owned by the LDS Church – has not endorsed a candidate in 80 years, but wrote that Donald Trump should drop out of the race.
- The Enid News & Eagle is traditionally a conservative paper.
- The same editorial that was published in the Muskogee Phoenix was also published on October 12 in its sister publication, the Tahlequah Daily Press.
- The Niagara Gazette endorsed Obama in 2008.
- The Free Press endorsed McCain in 2008.
- Since 1936, the Plain Dealer has endorsed 14 Republicans and 5 Democrats for president.
- The Las Vegas Sun is published as a supplement to the Review-Journal.
- The last time the Dispatch had endorsed a Democrat for president was 1916.
- The Democrat Gazette, traditionally a Republican paper, published dual non-endorsements of Clinton and Trump.
- The Democrat-Gazette, traditionally a Republican paper, published dual non-endorsements of Clinton and Trump. These same editorials also appeared in its sister publication, the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
- An identically worded editorial appeared in four other newspapers that are part of Community Newspaper Holdings in Massachusetts.
- Except for 2012, the News had endorsed every Republican candidate since 1980. An identically-worded endorsement was also published in its sister publications The Press-Register of Mobile and The Huntsville Times.
- The last time the Press-Republican endorsed a presidential candidate was more than 40 years ago.
- The Daily Sentinel, traditionally a Republican newspaper, said Donald Trump should step aside.
- The Courier News published their endorsement a week earlier than originally planned, also urging Trump to step aside. An identically-worded endorsement was also published in its sister publications The Asbury Park Press and The Daily Record.
- The Woodward News published the endorsement editorial from its sister publication, the Enid Eagle, and then added at the end that they embraced this message.
- The Item republished the editorial from The Cullman Times endorsing Clinton.
- The October 9th editorial is identical to the one that appeared in its sister publication, the Kokomo Times. But the News and Tribune published a separate, original endorsement (with the paper's editors named in the byline) on October 11, titled "Hillary Clinton Best Choice For President".
- The exact same editorial appeared in its sister publication, the Kokomo Tribune.
- The Bristol Herald Courier endorsed McCain in 2008 and Bush in 2004.
- This same editorial appeared in the October 11th edition of the paper's sister publication, the Jeffersonville News and Tribune.
- While they all agreed not to vote for Trump, the editorial board of the Daily Record could not reach a consensus in favor of Clinton.
- The Telegraph Herald's editorial notes that for decades they have not endorsed a candidate for president, but this time it was important to write an editorial against a candidate.
- The Mineral Wells Index's editorial notes that this editorial originally appeared in a sister publication, The Cullman Times, and it endorses this editorial.
- An identically-worded endorsement was also published in the Courier-Post's sister publication, The Daily Journal.
- "This editorial originated through CNHI News and The Ashland Daily Independent, and we embrace its message."
- Before endorsing Clinton The Post published an editorial specifically saying that it would not endorse Donald Trump.
- The Idaho Statesman endorsed Obama in 2008.
- Charleston's two daily newspapers, the Gazette and Daily Mail merged operations in 2015, but maintain individual editorial departments. The Gazette endorsed Clinton on October 14th. The Daily Mail originally withheld their endorsement, but changed their mind and published an editorial on November 4th urging voters to write in McMullin. In 2012 when they were separate newspapers, the Gazette endorsed Obama, and the Daily Mail endorsed Romney.
- The 2012 endorsement was published by its sister paper, The Star Ledger.
- In 2012, The Oregonian editorial board chose to end their practice of endorsing candidates for President in favor of more attention to local endorsements.
- An identically worded editorial to the Express-Star's appeared in the Duncan Banner.
- El Nuevo Herald is considered a conservative, Republican paper like its sister paper The Miami Herald.
- The editorial noted that up until this point they endorsed Republican candidates for president "throughout its modern history." An identically-worded endorsement was also published in the Reporter-Herald's sister publication The Longmont Times-Call.
- This was the World-Herald's first endorsement of a Democrat for president since 1932.
- The Roswell Daily Record endorsed McCain in 2008.
- The editorial noted that up until this point the Longmont Times-Call had endorsed Republican candidates for president "throughout its modern history." An identically-worded endorsement was also published in its sister publication The Loveland Reporter-Herald.
- The Concord Monitor's editorial board published a separate article urging voters not to vote for Donald Trump.
- An identical editorial to the Foster's Daily Democrat appeared in other Local Media Group papers, including The Portsmouth Herald.
- The same editorial appeared in the Pantagraph's sister publication, Herald & Review.
- The Chattanooga Times Free Press maintains separate editorial pages for its Times and Free Press components since the Times and Free Press merged in 1999. The Times endorsed Clinton, and the Free Press did not endorse a candidate. In 2012, the Times endorsed Obama, while the Free Press endorsed Johnson.
- The St. Joseph News-Press's endorsement was the first editorial (but not the first endorsement) supporting Trump in the general election.
- The editorial noted that up until this point they endorsed Republican candidates for president "throughout its modern history." An identically-worded endorsement was also published in the Daily Record's sister publication The Longmont Times-Call.
- LNP, then known as Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era, had two separate editorial boards which endorsed both Obama (Intelligencer Journal) and Romney (New Era), respectively, in editorials published on November 2, 2012.
- The same editorial appeared in a Chico Enterprise-Record sister publication, the Oroville Mercury-Register.
- This was the first time in decades the Herald did not make an endorsement for president.
- An identically-worded endorsement was also published in the Mercury News's sister publication The East Bay Times.
- Editorial represents the opinion of Shaw Media, which covers communities in the Sauk Valley, including the Dixon Telegraph (circulation 8,969) and Sterling Daily Gazette (circulation 12,430).
- In 2016, the Contra Costa Times, Oakland Tribune, The Daily Review and The Argus were all merged into one newspaper, the East Bay Times.
- The Las Vegas Review-Journal is owned by Sheldon Adelson, a major contributor to Donald Trump's campaign.
- Editorial notes "The editorial boards of The Citizen's Voice, The Times-Tribune of Scranton and The Standard-Speaker in Hazleton, endorse Democrat Hillary Clinton". All three of these papers belong to the Times-Shamrock Communications group.
- This newspaper is part of the Forum Communications Company, which owns several small community papers in MN/ND/SD/WI region. This is the first time in 50 years the newspaper group has not endorsed a Republican candidate for president.
- This was the first time since 1836 The Tennessean did not endorse a candidate. They also cited the fact no candidates chose to be interviewed by their editorial board as a reason for their non-endorsement. Instead, they published an editorial titled "We Endorse the Legitimacy of the U.S. Electoral System," while letting six citizens state their cases for Clinton, Trump and Johnson. The Tennessean supported Democratic candidates for 150 years until 2012, when it supported Romney.
- The editor of the Times parent company wrote they would only endorse in races where they could meet and question the candidates.
- The Antelope Valley Press's endorsement was offered without an accompanying editorial explaining the reason for the endorsement.
- A similarly-worded endorsement appeared in the AM New York's parent publication Newsday.
- This is the first endorsement for president by the San Luis Obispo Tribune in 20 years.
- The Flint Journal is published four times weekly. As a part of the MLive Media Group, it is a shared editorial for several newspapers.
- As a part of the MLive Media Group, it is a shared editorial for several newspapers.
- On October 10th, an editorial appeared in The Recorder, along with the Daily Hampshire Gazette, urging voters not to vote for Trump. This was updated to a Clinton endorsement on October 28th.
- The News-Sentinel endorsement is written as a pro-Pence and pro-Republican Party platform editorial, and the argument presented is voting for Trump is the only acceptable alternative to Clinton.
- This newspaper is owned by GateHouse Media, and the same editorial was published in several of their publications.
- This is the first time The State has endorsed a Democratic presidential nominee since 1976.
- An identical editorial also appeared in several other Massachusetts newspapers owned by Gatehouse Media.
- The Dispatch and The Rock Island Argus are owned by the same company, the contents of the two papers are the same except for different front covers for their respective markets.
- According to the Bucks County Courier Times article, "we won't be endorsing in the presidential race."
- This editorial appeared in several Connecticut newspapers that are allied with the Hearst Media Group.
- On October 13th, the Daily Herald published an editorial urging voters not to vote for Trump, but updated their stance on October 30th with a pro-McMullin endorsement.
- The Vindicator editorial concludes that Clinton is unethically fit to be president, but given the lesser of two evils, a Trump presidency would be inconceivable.
- The Mail Tribune was not planning on endorsing any candidates for president this election, but were compelled to support Clinton in order to prevent Trump from becoming president.
- The Daily Times does not want Clinton to be president, but as the "less-worse choice" considers it the only possible option to prevent Trump from being elected.
- The endorsement is "a top-down directive from Morris [Communications]," the parent company of the Florida Times-Union."
- This newspaper is owned by Morris Communications, which directed its papers to publish editorials favoring Donald Trump.
- The Wall Street Journal has not endorsed a candidate for President since 1928. Two editorials were published, summarizing their views on Trump and Clinton.
- The Ledger announced they were discontinuing endorsing candidates in 2012.
- The editorial was issued by the Southern California News Group, to which the Orange County Register editorial staff was merged into in 2016.
- The Nonpareil published a double-endorsement for John Kasich and Bernie Sanders during the primary.
This list includes newspapers that publish three or fewer times per week.
Summary of weekly newspapers
|Candidate||Endorsements||Breakdown by 2012 endorsement|
|Hillary Clinton||148||46 Barack Obama; 1 Mitt Romney; 3 No endorsement; 1 Jill Stein; 97 Undetermined|
|Donald Trump||6||3 Mitt Romney; 3 Undetermined|
|Not Donald Trump||2||2 Undetermined|
|No endorsement||13||9 Mitt Romney; 3 Undetermined; 1 No endorsement|
Endorsements by weekly newspapers
|Newspaper||2016 endorsement||Largest reported circulation||Endorsement date||City||State||2012 endorsement||Notes|
|Dallas Voice||Hillary Clinton||13,474||September 16||Dallas||Texas||No endorsement|
|The Martha's Vineyard Times||Hillary Clinton||14,000||September 28||Vineyard Haven||Massachusetts||Mitt Romney|
|South Florida Gay News||Hillary Clinton||10,000||September 28||Wilton Manors||Florida||Barack Obama|
|Athens News||Hillary Clinton||14,187||September 29||Athens||Ohio||Barack Obama|
|Falls Church News-Press||Hillary Clinton||9,900||September 29||Falls Church||Virginia||Barack Obama|
|The Patriot-News||Hillary Clinton||89,884||October 6||Harrisburg||Pennsylvania||Barack Obama|
|Santa Barbara Independent||Hillary Clinton||39,234||October 6||Santa Barbara||California||Barack Obama|
|La Gaceta||Hillary Clinton||18,000||October 8||Tampa||Florida|
|The Sentinel Echo||Hillary Clinton||7,501||October 10||London||Kentucky|
|The Morehead News||Hillary Clinton||5,270||October 10||Morehead||Kentucky|
|Derry News||Hillary Clinton||7,000||October 10||Derry||New Hampshire|
|East Bay Express||Hillary Clinton||40,000||October 11||Berkeley||California||Barack Obama|
|The Jewish Week||Hillary Clinton||45,548||October 11||New York||New York|
|The Zionsville Times-Sentinel||Hillary Clinton||3,914||October 11||Zionsville||Indiana|
|Qué Pasa||Hillary Clinton||52,411||October 11||Winston-Salem, Raleigh, Charlotte||North Carolina|
|The Capital Times||Hillary Clinton||91,043||October 12||Madison||Wisconsin||Barack Obama|
|Suwannee Democrat||Not Donald Trump||4,644||October 12||Live Oak||Florida|
|Willamette Week||Hillary Clinton||70,000||October 12||Portland||Oregon||Barack Obama|
|The Madison / St. Clair Record||Hillary Clinton||4,132||October 12||Edwardsville||Illinois|
|Washington Blade||Hillary Clinton||33,874||October 12||Washington||District of Columbia|
|Philadelphia Gay News||Hillary Clinton||25,000||October 12||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania|
|Windy City Times||Hillary Clinton||10,000||October 12||Chicago||Illinois|
|Between the Lines||Hillary Clinton||20,000||October 12||Livonia||Michigan|
|Bay Windows||Hillary Clinton||20,000||October 12||Boston||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|Gay City News||Hillary Clinton||34,785||October 12||New York||New York|
|Watermark||Hillary Clinton||20,000||October 12||Orlando||Florida|
|The Pride L.A.||Hillary Clinton||20,000||October 12||Los Angeles||California|
|The Georgia Voice||Hillary Clinton||10,000||October 12||Atlanta||Georgia|
|Bay Area Reporter||Hillary Clinton||26,830||October 12||San Francisco||California||Barack Obama|
|San Diego CityBeat||Hillary Clinton||44,000||October 12||San Diego||California||Barack Obama|
|The Argonaut||Hillary Clinton||30,000||October 12||Marina del Rey||California|
|The Suffolk Times||Hillary Clinton||17,038||October 12||Mattituck||New York||Barack Obama|
|Boulder Weekly||Hillary Clinton||25,000||October 13||Boulder||Colorado||Barack Obama|
|The Taos News||Hillary Clinton||8,846||October 13||Taos||New Mexico||Barack Obama|
|Monterey County Weekly||Hillary Clinton||36,000||October 13||Monterey County||California|
|El Observador||Hillary Clinton||35,000||October 14||San Jose||California||Barack Obama|
|Rockwall Herald-Banner||Hillary Clinton||14,240||October 14||Rockwall||Texas|
|Aurora Sentinel||Hillary Clinton||34,000||October 16||Aurora||Colorado||Barack Obama|
|The Journal||Hillary Clinton||7,000||October 17||Cortez||Colorado||Barack Obama|
|The Stranger||Hillary Clinton||52,503||October 18||Seattle||Washington||Barack Obama|
|Colorado Springs Independent||Hillary Clinton||36,000||October 19||Colorado Springs||Colorado||Barack Obama|
|Indy Week||Hillary Clinton||32,000||October 19||Durham||North Carolina||Barack Obama|
|Batesville Herald-Tribune||Hillary Clinton||2,274||October 19||Batesville||Indiana|
|The Portland Mercury||Hillary Clinton||45,000||October 19||Portland||Oregon|
|Jewish Ledger||Hillary Clinton||15,000||October 19||West Hartford||Connecticut|
|Royse City Herald-Banner||Hillary Clinton||8,000||October 19||Royse City||Texas|
|The Weston Forum||Hillary Clinton||4,100||October 27||Weston||Connecticut|
|The Charlotte Post||Hillary Clinton||22,305||October 19||Charlotte||North Carolina||Barack Obama|
|The Washington Informer||Hillary Clinton||15,000||October 19||Washington||District of Columbia|
|Chico News & Review||Hillary Clinton||38,180||October 20||Chico||California||Barack Obama|
|Eugene Weekly||Hillary Clinton||35,435||October 20||Eugene||Oregon||Barack Obama|
|The Skanner||Hillary Clinton||10,500||October 20||Portland||Oregon||Barack Obama|
|La Raza||Hillary Clinton||153,620||October 20||Chicago||Illinois|
|Connecticut Law Tribune||Not Donald Trump||1,885||October 20||Hartford||Connecticut|
|The Austin Chronicle||Hillary Clinton||77,980||October 21||Austin||Texas||Barack Obama|
|Wisconsin Gazette||Hillary Clinton||28,000||October 21||Milwaukee||Wisconsin|
|Q-Notes||Hillary Clinton||11,000||October 21||Charlotte||North Carolina|
|Philadelphia Tribune||Hillary Clinton||15,138||October 21||Philadelphia||Pennsylvania|
|San Francisco Bay Times||Hillary Clinton||25,000||October 22||San Francisco||California|
|Richmond Free Press||Hillary Clinton||32,005||October 22||Richmond||Virginia|
|Williamson County Sun||Hillary Clinton||9,052||October 23||Georgetown||Texas|
|Woodbury Bulletin||No endorsement||7,811||October 23||Woodbury||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|Ahora Latino Journal||Hillary Clinton||6,000||October 23||Reno||Nevada|
|South Washington County Bulletin||No endorsement||8,616||October 24||Cottage Grove||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|Farmington Independent||No endorsement||2,000||October 25||Farmington||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|Santa Monica Observer||Hillary Clinton||22,500||October 25||Santa Monica||California|
|Michigan Chronicle||Hillary Clinton||20,617||October 25||Detroit||Michigan|
|The St. Louis American||Hillary Clinton||70,000||October 25||St. Louis||Missouri||Barack Obama|
|The Courier-Gazette||Hillary Clinton||7,431||October 25||Rockland||Maine|
|The Chicago Defender||Hillary Clinton||10,811||October 26||Chicago||Illinois|
|The Providence American||Hillary Clinton||11,000||October 26||Providence||Rhode Island|
|Osakis Review||No endorsement||1,328||October 26||Osakis||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|Alexandria Echo Press||No endorsement||9,763||October 26||Alexandria||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|Park Rapids Enterprise||No endorsement||3,508||October 26||Park Rapids||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|The Georgetowner||Hillary Clinton||40,000||October 26||Washington||District of Columbia|
|Baltimore Afro-American||Hillary Clinton||12,500||October 26||Baltimore||Maryland||Barack Obama|
|Maui Time||Hillary Clinton||18,000||October 26||Maui||Hawaii||Jill Stein|
|Gary Crusader||Hillary Clinton||39,000||October 27||Gary||Indiana|
|New York Amsterdam News||Hillary Clinton||11,229||October 27||New York||New York|
|The Detroit Jewish News||Hillary Clinton||16,000||October 27||Detroit||Michigan|
|Queens Chronicle||Hillary Clinton||160,000||October 27||New York||New York||Barack Obama|
|The Ann Arbor News||Hillary Clinton||33,231||October 27||Ann Arbor||Michigan||Barack Obama|
|The Bay City Times||Hillary Clinton||26,567||October 27||Ann Arbor||Michigan||Barack Obama|
|The Saginaw News||Hillary Clinton||28,489||October 27||Saginaw||Michigan||Barack Obama|
|The Atlanta Jewish Times||No endorsement||55,000||October 27||Atlanta||Georgia|
|The Enterprise-Tocsin||No endorsement||3,872||October 27||Indianola||Mississippi|
|News & Review||Hillary Clinton||38,180||October 27||Sacramento||California||Barack Obama|
|The Aegis||No endorsement||15,318||October 28||Bel Air||Maryland||Mitt Romney|
|The Arab American News||No endorsement||35,000||October 28||Detroit||Michigan|
|The Cincinnati Herald||Hillary Clinton||16,000||October 28||Cincinnati||Ohio||Barack Obama|
|The Virginia Gazette||Hillary Clinton||14,884||October 29||Williamsburg||Virginia|
|Wadena Pioneer Journal||No endorsement||3,124||October 29||Wadena||Minnesota||Mitt Romney|
|The Wellesley Townsman||Hillary Clinton||4,665||October 29||Needham||Massachusetts|
|Hamilton Chronicle||Hillary Clinton||1,482||October 29||Danvers||Massachusetts|
|Wilmington Advocate||Hillary Clinton||1,886||October 30||Concord||Massachusetts|
|Abington Mariner||Hillary Clinton||1,506||October 30||Marshfield||Massachusetts|
|Arlington Advocate||Hillary Clinton||4,338||October 30||Lexington||Massachusetts|
|Weymouth News||Hillary Clinton||2,836||October 30||Randolph||Massachusetts|
|Brookline Tab||Hillary Clinton||13,733||October 30||Brookline||Massachusetts|
|Georgetown Record||Hillary Clinton||1,089||October 30||Danvers||Massachusetts|
|Melrose Free Press||Hillary Clinton||2,311||October 30||Beverly||Massachusetts|
|Holbrook Sun||Hillary Clinton||841||October 30||Randolph||Massachusetts|
|Dover-Sherborn Press||Hillary Clinton||745||October 30||Needham||Massachusetts|
|The Hingham Journal||Hillary Clinton||4,349||October 30||Hingham||Massachusetts|
|Marlborough Enterprise||Hillary Clinton||2,507||October 30||Framingham||Massachusetts|
|Allston/Brighton Tab||Hillary Clinton||448||October 30||Needham||Massachusetts|
|Sandwich Broadsider||Hillary Clinton||2,332||October 30||Yarmouth Port||Massachusetts|
|Lakeville Call||Hillary Clinton||351||October 30||Lakeville||Massachusetts|
|Cohasset Mariner||Hillary Clinton||1,725||October 30||Hingham||Massachusetts|
|Lexington Minuteman||Hillary Clinton||4,328||October 30||Hingham||Massachusetts|
|Old Colony Memorial||Hillary Clinton||6,978||October 30||Plymouth||Massachusetts|
|Danvers Herald||Hillary Clinton||2,347||October 30||Danvers||Massachusetts|
|Canton Journal||Hillary Clinton||1,262||October 30||Raynham||Massachusetts|
|Concord Journal||Hillary Clinton||3,971||October 30||Concord||Massachusetts|
|Watertown Tab||Hillary Clinton||2,184||October 30||Needham||Massachusetts|
|Milford Beacon||Hillary Clinton||3,222||October 30||Concord||Massachusetts|
|Braintree Forum||Hillary Clinton||2,507||October 30||Weymouth||Massachusetts|
|Chelmsford Independent||Hillary Clinton||2,355||October 30||Concord||Massachusetts|
|Marblehead Reporter||Hillary Clinton||4,678||October 30||Marblehead||Massachusetts|
|Walpole Times||Hillary Clinton||3,832||October 30||Walpole||Massachusetts|
|Rockland Standard||Hillary Clinton||764||October 30||Marshfield||Massachusetts|
|Scituate Mariner||Hillary Clinton||2,823||October 30||Marshfield||Massachusetts|
|The Sudbury Town Crier||Hillary Clinton||2,961||October 30||Framingham||Massachusetts|
|The Winchester Star||Hillary Clinton||2,910||October 30||Lexington||Massachusetts|
|Littleton Independent||Hillary Clinton||1,197||October 30||Concord||Massachusetts|
|Wakefield Observer||Hillary Clinton||538||October 30||Danvers||Massachusetts|
|The Cape Codder||Hillary Clinton||7,809||October 30||Orleans||Massachusetts|
|Newburyport Current||Hillary Clinton||4,921||October 30||Beverly||Massachusetts|
|Malden Observer||Hillary Clinton||1,314||October 30||Medford||Massachusetts|
|Somerville Journal||Hillary Clinton||2,341||October 30||Somerville||Massachusetts|
|Swampscott Reporter||Hillary Clinton||1,732||October 30||Marblehead||Massachusetts|
|Wayland Town Crier||Hillary Clinton||1,796||October 30||Framingham||Massachusetts|
|Tewksbury Advocate||Hillary Clinton||655||October 30||Concord||Massachusetts|
|Billerica Minuteman||Hillary Clinton||2,565||October 30||Concord||Massachusetts|
|Fairfield Citizen||Hillary Clinton||2,799||October 30||Fairfield||Connecticut|
|Westport News||Hillary Clinton||3,680||October 30||Norwalk||Connecticut|
|Easton Journal||Hillary Clinton||2,208||October 30||Easton||Massachusetts|
|Norton Mirror||Hillary Clinton||1,250||October 30||Norton||Massachusetts|
|Dedham Transcript||Hillary Clinton||1,041||October 31||Needham||Massachusetts|
|The Chief-Leader||Hillary Clinton||30,651||October 31||New York City||New York|
|Vilas County News-Review||Donald Trump||10,500||November 1||Eagle River||Wisconsin|
|Santa Fe Reporter||Hillary Clinton||16,000||November 1||Santa Fe||New Mexico||Barack Obama|
|The Crusader||Donald Trump||Unknown||November 1||Harrison||Arkansas|
|Rochester City Newspaper||Hillary Clinton||37,081||November 1||Rochester||New York||Barack Obama|
|Jewish Voice||Donald Trump||30,000||November 2||New York City||New York||Mitt Romney|
|The Jewish Press||Donald Trump||42,222||November 2||New York City||New York||Mitt Romney|
|Lagniappe||No endorsement||30,000||November 2||Mobile||Alabama||No endorsement|
|Rock River Times||Hillary Clinton||22,000||November 2||Rockford||Illinois||Barack Obama|
|Metro Weekly||Hillary Clinton||17,000||November 2||Washington||District of Columbia||No endorsement|
|Idaho Mountain Express||Hillary Clinton||13,000||November 2||Ketchum||Idaho||Barack Obama|
|Cincinnati CityBeat||Hillary Clinton||35,000||November 2||Cincinnati||Ohio||Barack Obama|
|Neshoba Democrat||Donald Trump||8,000||November 2||Philadelphia||Mississippi||Mitt Romney|
|The Alibi||Hillary Clinton||32,814||November 3||Albuquerque||New Mexico||Barack Obama|
|Andover Townsman||Hillary Clinton||5,339||November 3||Andover||Massachusetts|
|New York Observer||Donald Trump||38,232||November 3||New York||New York||Mitt Romney|
|Dorchester Reporter||Hillary Clinton||6,000||November 3||Dorchester||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|The Wilton Bulletin||Hillary Clinton||2,270||November 3||Wilton||Connecticut|
|Easton Courier||Hillary Clinton||1,165||November 3||Easton||Connecticut||Barack Obama|
|Creative Loafing Tampa||Hillary Clinton||48,000||November 3||Tampa Bay||Florida||Barack Obama|
|Boston Irish Reporter||Hillary Clinton||8,000||November 3||Dorchester||Massachusetts||Barack Obama|
|Memphis Flyer||Hillary Clinton||45,000||November 3||Memphis||Tennessee||No endorsement|
|News & Review||Hillary Clinton||38,180||November 3||Reno||Nevada||Barack Obama|
|News & Review||Hillary Clinton||38,180||November 3||Chico||California||Barack Obama|
|Lake Placid News||Hillary Clinton||2,500||November 3||Lake Placid||New York|
|The Wave||Hillary Clinton||8,341||November 4||Rockaway||New York|
|Carteret County News-Times||Donald Trump||9,725||November 5||Morehead City||North Carolina|
|Milwaukee Courier||Hillary Clinton||40,000||November 5||Milwaukee||Wisconsin|
|The Ridgefield Press||Hillary Clinton||5,000||November 5||Ridgefield||Connecticut|
|Inweekly||Hillary Clinton||31,860||November 7||Pensacola||Florida||Barack Obama|
- This was the first presidential endorsement in the Dallas Voice's 32-year history.
- The Athens News publishes twice weekly.
- The Patriot-News publishes thrice weekly
- La Gaceta is "The nation's only tri-lingual newspaper" (English, Spanish, Italian).
- The Sentinel Echo publishes thrice weekly; its endorsement originated with the Ashland Daily Independent, a sister paper.
- The Morehead News publishes twice weekly; its endorsement originated with the Ashland Daily Independent, a sister paper.
- An identically-worded endorsement was also published in a sister publication, The Salem News
- This is the first time the 40-year-old Jewish Week has endorsed a presidential candidate.
- The Suwannee Democrat publishes twice weekly. This editorial originally appeared in the Sunbury Daily Item, but the Suwannee Democrat "embraces its message."
- This is the Windy City Times' first endorsement in the past 16 years.
- The Georgia Voice publishes twice weekly
- The Riverhead News-Review and Shelter Island Reporter are sister papers to The Suffolk Times.
- An identical editorial also appeared in the parent publication, the Greenville Herald-Banner on October 8th.
- The Journal publishes twice weekly
- This is the first Presidential endorsement in the Jewish Ledger's 87-year existence.
- The Wisconsin Gazette publishes twice monthly.
- The Williamson County Sun publishes twice weekly.
- This newspaper is part of the Forum Communications Company, which owns several small community papers in MN/ND/SD/WI region. This is the first time in 50 years the newspaper group has not endorsed a Republican candidate for president.
- The Courier Publications Editorial Board also includes the Camden Herald (circulation 3,544) and Belfast Republican Journal (circulation 5,826).
- The Chicago Defender endorsed Obama in 2008.
- The Providence American is published monthly.
- Published twice weekly. This newspaper is part of the Forum Communications Company, which owns several small community papers in MN/ND/SD/WI region. This is the first time in 50 years the newspaper group has not endorsed a Republican candidate for president.
- The Detroit Jewish News cited The Atlantic's decision to endorse a candidate.
- The Ann Arbor News is published twice weekly. As a part of the MLive Media Group, it is a shared editorial for several newspapers.
- The Bay City Times and Saginaw News are published three times weekly. As a part of the MLive Media Group, it is a shared editorial for several newspapers.
- The Aegis is published twice weekly. It is a part of the Baltimore Sun media group, but editorially independent. The paper has endorsed a Republican for president for the past several elections.
- The Arab American News editorial notes this is the first time in their history they have declined to endorse a candidate for president.
- This newspaper is owned by GateHouse Media, and the same editorial was published in several of their publications.
- The Fairfield Citizen publishes twice weekly. This editorial appeared in several Connecticut newspapers that are allied with the Hearst Media Group.
- An identical editorial also appeared in several other Massachusetts newspapers owned by Gatehouse Media.
- The Crusader is one of the Ku Klux Klan's newspapers. It did not officially endorse Trump, but its full page editoral is considered a de facto endorsement by many. The Trump campaign has denounced the endorsement.
- An identically worded editorial appeared in four other newspapers that are part of Community Newspaper Holdings in Massachusetts.
- The Observer is owned by Trump's son-in-law, and was one of only four newspapers to endorse Trump during the Republican primaries.
- The Boston Irish Reporter is published in the newspaper format monthly.
- While Memphis Flyer's editorial does not explicitly endorse Clinton, the argument and tone is quite clear:
"The Flyer traditionally does not endorse at election time, leaving such personal decisions to our readers. We would be remiss not to point out the essential nature of the choice at hand, which boils down to a long record of competence and experience versus a legacy of unrelenting narcissism and its resultant chaos."
- The Carteret County News-Times is published three times a week.
Summary of magazines
|Candidate||Endorsements||Breakdown by 2012 endorsement|
|Hillary Clinton||15||3 Barack Obama; 9 No endorsement; 3 Undetermined|
|Not Donald Trump||4||2 No endorsement; 2 Undetermined|
Endorsements by magazines
|Magazine||2016 endorsement||Largest reported circulation|| Endorsement
|Philadelphia||Hillary Clinton||103,161||June 21||No endorsement|
|The Advocate||Hillary Clinton||187,791||July 25||Barack Obama|
|Wired||Hillary Clinton||870,101||August 18||No endorsement|
|Scientific American||Not Donald Trump||399,354||September 1||No endorsement|
|The Atlantic||Hillary Clinton||509,376||October 5||No endorsement|
|The Nation||Hillary Clinton||110,007||October 5||Barack Obama|
|The Reader||Hillary Clinton||150,000||October 7||No endorsement|
|Foreign Policy||Hillary Clinton||101,054||October 9||No endorsement|
|Loveland Magazine||Not Donald Trump||n/a||October 10|
|Christianity Today||Not Donald Trump||120,000||October 11||No endorsement|
|World||Not Donald Trump||100,000||October 11|
|Latina||Hillary Clinton||517,732||October 14||No endorsement|
|Vogue||Hillary Clinton||1,231,931||October 18||No endorsement|
|Oakland Magazine||Hillary Clinton||10,440||October 21|
|Alameda Magazine||Hillary Clinton||10,000||October 21|
|The New Yorker||Hillary Clinton||1,051,795||October 23||Barack Obama|
|Variety||Hillary Clinton||30,000||November 1||No endorsement|
|India Currents||Hillary Clinton||42,725||November 1||No endorsement|
|India New England News||Hillary Clinton||12,000||November 3|
- "This is the first time the editors of Philadelphia magazine have endorsed a presidential candidate."
- This is the first time Wired has endorsed a candidate in a presidential election.
- Scientific American does not usually endorse political candidates.
- This is The Atlantic's third presidential endorsement in the magazine's 159-year history. Their two previous endorsements were for Abraham Lincoln in 1860 and Lyndon B. Johnson in 1964.
- The Reader is published quarterly. "Never in the 22-year history of The Reader have we officially backed a candidate for president."
- This is the first political endorsement in Foreign Policy's 46-year history.
- This references the editorial by The Atlantic in their decision to publish their anti-endorsement. Loveland Magazine is online-only, but an official member of the Ohio Newspaper Association.
- This is not an official non-endorsement editorial. "As a non-profit journalistic organization, Christianity Today is doubly committed to staying neutral regarding political campaigns."
- This is Latina's first political endorsement for any candidate in its 20-year history.
- This is Vogue's first political endorsement for any candidate in its 123-year history.
- An identical 2016 voter guide endorsing Hillary Clinton appeared on the blogs of Oakland Magazine and Alameda Magazine, both publications of Telegraph Media.
- "For the first time in its 111-year history, Variety is endorsing a presidential candidate."
- The India Currents marks the first time in 30 years that an Indian-American monthly publication has endorsed a US presidential candidate.
College and university newspapers
Summary of student newspapers
|Candidate||Endorsements||Breakdown by 2012 endorsement|
|Hillary Clinton||79||25 Barack Obama; 1 Jill Stein; 18 No endorsement; 35 Undetermined|
|No endorsement||5||2 No endorsement; 3 Undetermined|
|Not Donald Trump||12||3 No endorsement; 9 Undetermined|
Endorsements by student newspapers
- The Oberlin Review's editorial argues against votes for Trump or a third party and against declining to vote.
- As the Wellesley News noted in its editorial, Clinton is an alumna of Wellesley.
- Middlebury Campus endorsed Obama in 2008.
- The Cornell Daily Sun endorsed Obama in 2008.
- The Daily Pennsylvanian made their endorsement in a joint statement with The Wellesley News. As they noted, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are alumni of the University of Pennsylvania and Wellesley College, respectively.
- University News endorsed Obama in 2008.
- The Iowa State Daily also an editorial on why Donald Trump was unfit to be president.
- As noted in the Yale Daily News editorial, Clinton is an alumnus of Yale.
- In their tongue-in-cheek non-endorsement, the Yale Record noted it could not endorse due to its tax status and, consequently, "[cannot] support Clinton's impressive commitment to serving and improving this country—a commitment to which she has dedicated her entire professional career."
- The El Vaquero endorsed Obama in 2008.
- At the beginning of the 2016–2017 academic year, The Beacon became an all digital media organization, and print advertising is no longer be available.
- The editorial specifically calls out the Forum Communications Company's decision to choose "none of the above" as unhelpful.
- In 2012 pre-election editorial, the Aztec Press did not endorse a candidate, but did urge readers to cast their vote.
- This is only the fifth time The DePaulia has issued an endorsement in its 93 year history.
- A minority opinion was also published by the Marquette Wire in favor of Donald Trump.
- "Throughout the 87 years of the Quinnipiac Chronicle’s existence, the editorial board has never taken a stance in a presidential election to our knowledge...this is the first time that the editorial board, as a whole, has done so."
- This is only the fifth time the Suffolk Journal has endorsed a candidate since it was founded 80 years ago.
- SUNY (State University of New York) newspapers published a joint editorial, each one giving their different reasons for urging voters not to choose Trump, without endorsing any specific other candidate.
- The Daily Gamecock supported Obama in 2008.
- The Crimson White supported Obama in 2008.
Foreign newspapers and magazines
Summary of foreign periodicals
|Candidate||Endorsements||Breakdown by 2012 endorsement|
|Hillary Clinton||18||4 Barack Obama; 13 Undetermined; 1 No endorsement|
|Donald Trump||1||1 Undetermined|
|Not Donald Trump||4||4 Undetermined|
Endorsements by foreign periodicals
|Periodical||2016 endorsement||Largest reported circulation||Endorsement date||City||Country||2012 endorsement||Notes|
|Israel Hayom||Donald Trump||550,000||March 17||Tel Aviv||Israel|
|Kyiv Post||Hillary Clinton||11,000||August 4||Kiev||Ukraine|
|The Observer||Hillary Clinton||184,252||September 18||London||United Kingdom||Barack Obama|
|Financial Mail||Hillary Clinton||30,662||September 29||Johannesburg||South Africa|
|The Age||Not Donald Trump||182,187||October 10||Melbourne||Australia|
|The Sydney Morning Herald||Not Donald Trump||235,045||October 10||Sydney||Australia|
|Sunday Independent||Hillary Clinton||199,210||October 16||Dublin||Ireland|
|Nature||Hillary Clinton||52,836||October 19||London||United Kingdom|
|Toronto Star||Not Donald Trump||419,236||October 20||Toronto||Canada|
|The Gleaner||Not Donald Trump||267,233||October 21||Kingston||Jamaica|
|The Guardian||Hillary Clinton||157,704||October 21||London||United Kingdom||Barack Obama|
|The Korea Times||Hillary Clinton||300,000||October 22||Seoul||South Korea|
|Financial Times||Hillary Clinton||193,553||October 31||London||United Kingdom||Barack Obama|
|The Globe and Mail||Hillary Clinton||370,000||November 2||Toronto||Canada|
|Waterloo Region Record||Hillary Clinton||60,435||November 4||Kitchener, Ontario||Canada|
|The Economist||Hillary Clinton||1,459,929||November 5||London||United Kingdom||Barack Obama|
|Times of Malta||Hillary Clinton||37,000||November 6||Valletta||Malta|
|The Independent||Hillary Clinton||N/A||November 6||London||United Kingdom||No endorsement|
|The Chronicle Herald||Hillary Clinton||93,178||November 7||Halifax, Nova Scotia||Canada|
|Tibet Sun||Hillary Clinton||November 7||Dharamsala||India|
|Daily Trust||Hillary Clinton||11,672||November 7||Abuja||Nigeria|
|Daily Mirror||Hillary Clinton||897,786||November 7||London||United Kingdom|
|Samoa Observer||Hillary Clinton||3,500||November 8||Apia||Samoa|
- On November 6, The Age published an additional editorial reaffirming their opposition to Donald Trump.
- In an editorial, the Sunday Independent "would fully endorse" P. J. O'Rourke's endorsement of Hillary Clinton.
- The Independent endorsed the first U.S. presidential candidate in its 30-year history. The Independent ended daily and Sunday print publication in March, becoming an online-only newspaper.
- The Samoa Observer editorial is from its founder, owner and editor-in-chief.
- Rutenberg, Jim (October 5, 2016). "The Editorialists Have Spoken; Will Voters Listen?". The New York Times. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Borchers, Callum. "Gary Johnson is now up to 5 daily newspaper endorsements. Donald Trump is stuck at zero". Washington Post. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
Other reliably conservative newspaper editorial boards have shunned Trump and endorsed Hillary Clinton
- Arrieta-Kenna, Ruairí (October 25, 2016). "These Are the Only 6 Newspapers in the Country to Endorse Donald Trump". POLITICO Magazine. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
No candidate has ever received so few endorsements.
- Hod, Itay. "Donald Trump Makes History With Zero Major Newspaper Endorsements". Yahoo. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Diaz, John. "Trump strikes out on newspaper endorsements". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
As of late last week, Trump had not been endorsed by a single major American newspaper, an unprecedented shutout for a Republican or Democratic nominee.
- "2016 General Election Editorial Endorsements by Major Newspapers". www.presidency.ucsb.edu.
- Evans, Garrett (October 5, 2016). "Gary Johnson getting more paper endorsements than Trump". The Hill. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Kite, Allison. "Gary Johnson Keeps Picking Up Newspaper Endorsements". WSJ. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "Daily News Editorial Board says Vote Hillary Clinton: She's the best choice for President, while Donald Trump represents a clear and present danger to the republic". Daily News. New York. July 28, 2016.
- "Damn right, we're with her!". NY Daily News.
- Kelly, Keith J. (September 14, 2015). "Zuckerman eyes more cutbacks at slumping Daily News". New York Post.
- "Our choice for America's future: The Daily News endorses Mitt Romney for president". Daily News. New York. November 4, 2012. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- Feuer, Alan (September 27, 2015). "The Daily News Layoffs and Digital Shift May Signal the Tabloid Era's End". The New York Times. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Mahler, Jonathan (January 29, 2016). "Drop Dead? Not the Newly Relevant Daily News". The New York Times. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "NY 'Daily News' Endorses Obama — Had Backed Bush in 2004 — And So Does 'Detroit Free Press' – Editor & Publisher". www.editorandpublisher.com.
- "These are unsettling times that require a steady hand: That's not Donald Trump.". Houston Chronicle. July 29, 2016.
- D, T. (June 2, 2015). "Terrance this is stupid stuff: Newspaper Woes Continue: 3% Slide in Circulation". Terrance this is stupid stuff.
- "Romney for president". Houston Chronicle. October 21, 2012. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- Lim, Naomi. "Hillary Clinton endorsed by Houston Chronicle, Trump 'danger to the Republic'". CNN. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "Chronicle recommends: Hillary Clinton for president". San Francisco Chronicle. August 5, 2016.
- "San Francisco Chronicle|Newspaper Performance Report" (PDF). Radio Advertising Bureau.
- "Re-elect Obama". San Francisco Chronicle. October 27, 2012. Retrieved October 27, 2012.
- "Tulsa World Editorial endorsement: For president? None of the above". Tulsa World. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "AAM Audited Circulation Figures for September 2014" (PDF).
- "Editorial: For Romney". Tulsa World. November 4, 2012. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- "Editorial: Vote Johnson". The Caledonian-Record. August 9, 2016.
- "NENPA Member Directory".
- "PD Presidential Endorsement: For Hillary Clinton — and it's not close". pressdemocrat.com. August 21, 2016.
- "NOTE FROM PUBLISHER: The Press Democrat will be endorsing candidates again". Santa Rosa Press Democrat. January 26, 2013.
- "Richmond Times-Dispatch endorses Gary Johnson for president". Richmond Times-Dispatch. September 3, 2016.
- "Virginia Press Association Directory 2015" (PDF).
- Rupert, Evelyn (September 3, 2016). "Virginia newspaper endorses Gary Johnson". The Hill.
- "Editorial – Gary Johnson remains the best choice for president". Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- "Our Opinion: Hillary Clinton is clear choice for US president". The Berkshire Eagle. September 3, 2016.
- "NENPA Member Directory".
- "Our Opinion: Obama for President". The Berkshire Eagle. November 1, 2012.
- "We recommend Hillary Clinton for president". The Dallas Morning News. September 6, 2016.
- "We recommend Mitt Romney for president". The Dallas Morning News. September 28, 2012.
- Pearson, Nick. "Major US newspaper bucks 52-year trend by snubbing Trump". news. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Holter, Rick. "Dallas Morning News Endorses Clinton, Its First Democratic Choice For President Since WWII". Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "For president: not the lunatic". Daily Camera. September 10, 2016.
- "AAM Audit Q4 2015" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on November 1, 2016. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "Endorsements 2012". Daily Camera. November 2, 2012.
- "Decision 2016: Gary Johnson for President". Winston-Salem Journal. September 11, 2016.
- "Newspaper Performance Report" (PDF). Winston-Salem Journal.
- "Obama is best choice for president". Winston-Salem Journal. December 6, 2012.
- "Union Leader of New Hampshire Endorses Gary Johnson over Donald Trump". The New York Times. September 14, 2016.
- "An Editorial: We stand firm on choice for President | New Hampshire". UnionLeader.com.
- "Why Mitt? Reality over fantasy | New Hampshire". UnionLeader.com.
- "Editorial: Neither Clinton nor Trump has earned our endorsement". The Repository. September 18, 2016.
- "This year, no Rep endorsement for president". The Repository. November 4, 2012.
- "Hillary Clinton would make a sober, smart and pragmatic president. Donald Trump would be a catastrophe.". Los Angeles Times. September 23, 2016.
- "Obama for president". Los Angeles Times. October 21, 2012. Retrieved October 21, 2012.
- "Enquirer: It has to be Hillary Clinton". The Cincinnati Enquirer. September 23, 2016.
- "Clinton remains best choice". Cincinnati.com.
- "2015 Annual Report" (PDF). Gannett.
- "Enquirer Presidential Endorsement: Mitt Romney". The Cincinnati Enquirer. October 27, 2012. Retrieved October 27, 2012.
- "Why We're Endorsing for President". The Cincinnati Enquirer. September 23, 2016. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- "Hillary Clinton for president". Akron Beacon Journal. September 24, 2016.
- "Obama for president". Akron Beacon Journal. October 20, 2012. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- "Hillary Clinton for President". The New York Times. September 24, 2016.
- "The Times Sees Circulation Remain Steady in Fourth Quarter of 2015" (Press release). The New York Times Company. April 20, 2016.
- "Barack Obama for Re-election". The New York Times. October 27, 2012. Retrieved October 27, 2012.
- "Why Donald Trump Should Not Be President". The New York Times. Times Editorial Board. September 25, 2016. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "Our View: Hillary Clinton is our choice for president". Portland Press Herald. September 25, 2016.
- Emerson, Xavier. "Echo Media V3 Print Media Experts". Echo Media V3.
- Board, The Editorial (September 25, 2016). "Our Opinion: Hillary Clinton is our choice for president".
- "Our Opinion: Hillary Clinton is our choice for president". centralmaine.com.
- "Endorsement: Hillary Clinton is the only choice to move America ahead". The Arizona Republic. September 27, 2016.
- "Romney can lead economy forward". The Arizona Republic. October 20, 2012.
- "Endorsement: Gary Johnson for president". The Detroit News. September 29, 2016.
- "Top 10 Daily Newspapers in Michigan | Cision". Cision. March 16, 2011.
- Byers, Dylan. "Romney's Detroit News endorsement (abridged)". POLITICO. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Manzullo, Brian. "Detroit News makes history, endorses Gary Johnson". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "Clinton for president". The Baltimore Sun. September 29, 2016.
- "Obama for president". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "Don't vote for Trump: Our view". USA Today. September 29, 2016.
- "Endorsements by Newspapers and Magazines the 2012 General Election Campaign".
- "Sun Sentinel Editorial Board endorses Hillary Clinton for president". Sun-Sentinel. September 30, 2016.
- "Sun Sentinel Media Kit" (PDF).
- "Sun Sentinel endorses Mitt Romney for president". Sun-Sentinel. October 26, 2012.
- "Why Trump is a terrible choice". Sun-Sentinel. September 30, 2016. Retrieved September 30, 2016.
- "A principled option for U.S. president: Endorsing Gary Johnson, Libertarian". Chicago Tribune. September 30, 2016.
- "Chicago Tribune endorses Obama for re-election". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- Griswold, Alex (September 30, 2016). "Chicago Tribune Endorses Gary Johnson for President". Mediaite. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- "Endorsement Why Hillary Clinton is the safe choice for president". U-T San Diego. September 30, 2016.
- "Bring in the turnaround expert: The case for Romney". The Arizona Republic. November 3, 2012.
- "Editorial: Vote for Clinton and avert a train wreck". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- "Editorial: Vote for Clinton and against the barbarian at the gate". Chicago Sun-Times.
- "2014 Top Media Outlets" (PDF). Burrelles Luce.
- "Editorial: Why we will no longer endorse in elections". Chicago Sun-Times. 2012-02-25. Retrieved October 23, 2012.
- "Editorial: Hillary Clinton clear choice for president". El Paso Times. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- "The El Paso Times endorses...". Viva Colorado. 2012-11-02. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Clinton the only qualified pick for president". Asheville Citizen-Times. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Borchers, Callum (2012-10-21). "President Obama, Mitt Romney earn newspaper endorsements in swing states". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Hillary Clinton the right choice in historic election". The Desert Sun. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Through the years: Desert Sun presidential endorsements". The Desert Sun. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "The many reasons to support Clinton, not just stop Trump". Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "2012 General Election Editorial Endorsements by Major Newspapers". The American Presidency Project. University of California, Santa Barbara. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "Why we won't endorse Trump or Clinton". The Courier. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Our support for Hillary Clinton is enthusiastic". Corpus Christi Caller-Times. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Please vote if you didn't do it early; consider these endorsements".
- "For president: A flawed, but capable, Clinton". The Charlotte Observer. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "At a crucial time, uninspiring choices for president". The Charlotte Observer. 2012-10-24. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "When you go vote vote your conscience". The Spectrum. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Clinton the logical choice for president". My San Antonio. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Express-News readership increases". San Antonio Express-News.
- "Obama has earned a second term". My San Antonio. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Nobody for president". The News-Gazette. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Romney for President". The News-Gazette. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Clinton the rational choice for president". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Editorial: Here are our choices for ballot due Nov. 6". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Whitaker, Bill (October 2, 2016). "Bill Whitaker: Many of us had a big hand in deplorable choices on the ballot". Waco Tribune-Herald. Waco, Texas: Berkshire Hathaway. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- "Total Circ for US Newspapers". Alliance for Audited Media. September 9, 2012. Archived from the original on March 17, 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "EDITORIAL: Mitt Romney for president". Waco Tribune-Herald. Waco, Texas: Berkshire Hathaway. October 28, 2012. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- "Presidential decision: The lesser of two evils". The Bakersfield Californian. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "We didn't – and we won't – endorse for president". Florida Today. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "Here's why we are not endorsing in the presidential race". statesman.
- "2012 General Election Editorial Endorsements by Major Newspapers". www.presidency.ucsb.edu. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "Times recommends: Hillary Clinton for president". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Tampa Bay Times circulation vs. Tampa Tribune : Media kit". www.tampabay.com.
- "Obama for president". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- Board, EDN Editorial. "Our View: Effingham Daily News endorses Hillary Clinton". Effingham Daily News. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "Hillary Clinton has the vision, experience and temperament to serve as our next president". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "NENPA Member Directory". www.newenglandnewspaperdirectory.com.
- "Endorsements 2012". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "The Courant Endorses Hillary Clinton". Hartford Courant. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "Top daily newspapers in Connecticut". Hartford Business Journal.
- "Obama Deserves a Second Term". Hartford Courant. 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "The Denver Post Endorses Hillary Clinton for president". The Denver Post. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "Endorsement: Barack Obama for president". The Denver Post. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "Hillary Clinton, the only choice for president". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "The Times recommends Barack Obama for president, again". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "Hillary Clinton should be our next president". Ventura County Star. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "Editorial: For president: Barack Obama » Ventura County Star". 2012-10-30. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "The Times Editorial: Clinton only choice for president". The Cullman Times. October 7, 2016.
- "Cullman Times endorses Clinton for president". WBRC. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "In Our Opinion: We endorse Hillary Clinton for president". The Daily Star. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- "Editorial endorsement: Hillary Clinton for President in 2016". Post-Standard.
- "For President: An uninspiring incumbent and a shape-shifting challenger leave us in the minority: undecided". Post-Standard. 2012-11-02.
- "OUR ENDORSEMENTS". Santa Barbara News-Press. October 7, 2016.
- Dowd, Katie. "There's only one newspaper in California that has endorsed Donald Trump". SFGate. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- "Editorials : Our Opinion: News-Press endorsements".
- Maddow, Rachel (October 14, 2016). "Trump gets first general election daily newspaper endorsement". MSNBC. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- "Editorial endorsement: Hillary Clinton is best prepared for the Presidency". Bluefield Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "OUR VIEW: Hillary Clinton should be president". Bluefield Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Clinton is clear choice for President". Pharos-Tribune. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Hillary Clinton for President". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- Board, the Editorial. "Editorial: Obama for president: A second term for a serious man". stltoday.com.
- "No Contest". New Castle News. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- News, StaffNew Castle. "Our Opinion: Neither Obama nor Romney are worthy of endorsement". New Castle News.
- "EDITORIAL: Hillary Clinton is best prepared to be president". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Clinton only candidate qualified to serve". heraldbanner.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Our view: Presidential election".
- "Hillary Clinton for president". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Election endorsement: Barack Obama deserves another term – The Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com.
- "Hillary Clinton is our choice for President". Dalton Daily Citizen. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Our recommendation: Hillary Clinton". The Commercial Appeal. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "2008 General Election Editorial Endorsements by Major Newspapers". www.presidency.ucsb.edu. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "In our view: Clinton the only choice for president". The Daily Independent. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Why Hillary Clinton is the best choice for President". Clinton Herald. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Clinton will give more Americans an opportunity to succeed". The Fresno Bee. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- editorial, Deseret News (2016-10-08). "In our opinion: Donald Trump should resign his candidacy". Deseret News. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Buy Newspaper advertising in Salt Lake Tribune/Deseret News via MediaBids".
- "EDITORIAL: Hillary Clinton is our choice for commander in chief". The Enid News. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Hillary Clinton? In a Heartbeat". The Olympian. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Presidential endorsements -- newspaper by newspaper". Star Tribune.
- "EDITORIAL: By default, Clinton the only choice for president". The News Virginian. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "For president: Hillary Clinton". The News & Observer. 2016-10-08. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "EDITORIALLY SPEAKING: Trump's intolerant remarks disqualify him as president". muskogeephoenix.com. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "It's Clinton vs. Trump — and we're with her". time-standard.com. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- "Eureka Times Standard". Echo Media.
- "EDITORIAL: We endorse Hillary Clinton for president". Niagara Gazette. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Editorial: Hillary Clinton for president". Kokomo Tribune. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Our View: Hillary Clinton for president". Mankato Free Press. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Hillary Clinton the only choice for president". The Tribune-Democrat. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- Tribune-Democrat, The. "Romney can right listing ship". The Tribune-Democrat.
- "Using LeBron James as endorsement vehicle for Hillary Clinton a perfect fit for an awkward election". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "On the basis of sound leadership, re-elect Obama: endorsement editorial". cleveland.com.
- "Plain Dealer presidential endorsements: Every pick we made since 1936".
- "We endorse Clinton for president and implore voters to be responsible". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Daily newspapers – Nevada Press Association".
- "The Sun's 2012 endorsements". October 28, 2012.
- "For president: Trump unfit, Clinton is qualified". The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Gatehouse Media » The Columbus Dispatch". www.gatehousemedia.com.
- "For president".
- "Hillary Clinton is the candidate ready to lead". The Day. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Obama better choice in critical election". The Day.
- "Our endorsement – Hillary Clinton". The Hawk Eye. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Verified Audit Circulation". www.verifiedaudit.com.
- "Not for Hillary". The Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Not for The Donald". The Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette – daily newspaper in Fayetteville, Arkansas USA with local news and events". www.mondotimes.com. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "Not for The Donald". Arkansas Online.
- "Not for Hillary". Arkansas Online.
- "The Highest Circulation Newspapers in the United States – the biggest American newspapers at Mondo Times". www.mondotimes.com. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- "McAlester News-Capital endorses Hillary Clinton". McAlester News-Capital. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- Emerson, Xavier. "Echo Media V3 Print Media Experts".
- "Clinton the obvious choice for president". Commercial-News. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Clinton by far the better choice for president". The Sun News. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Our view: Hillary Clinton is the clear choice for president". Newburyport News. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Endorsement: We're with Hillary Clinton. Frankly, Donald Trump's dangerous.". AL.com. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Alabama Media Group: Why we will not be endorsing a presidential candidate". AL.com.
- "Our view: Hillary Clinton is the clear choice for president". The Eagle-Tribune. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- Eagle-Tribune, The. "Editorial: The choice is already clear". Eagle-Tribune.
- "Record Endorsements, President: Clinton best for country". The Record. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Four more years". recordnet.com.