November 11, 1976|
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
|Years active||2005 - present|
|Employer||Los Angeles Dodgers|
Zaidi was born in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada and raised in the Philippines after his family moved to Manila when he was 4 years old. He has a Bachelor of Science degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a doctorate of philosophy (PhD) in economics from the University of California, Berkeley. He briefly worked for the Boston Consulting Group and the Sporting News website between MIT and Berkeley.
While at Berkeley, he read the book Moneyball and it changed his life. He saw a job posting for a baseball operations position with the Oakland Athletics and sent out his resume, beating out 1,000 other applicants for the job. He was a data analysis sabermetrics assistant when he started. His boss with the Athletics, Billy Beane called him "absolutely brilliant" and credited him with the acquisition of Cuban star Yoenis Céspedes.
On November 6, 2014, he was hired by the Los Angeles Dodgers as their new general manager.
- Kennedy, Brendan (May 24, 2014). "Oakland A's executive changing the face of baseball". Toronto Star. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Hecht Maxwell, Jill (April 19, 2011). "Farhan Zaidi '98". Technology Review. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "AP source: Dodgers hiring A's Farhan Zaidi as GM". ESPN.com. Associated Press. November 4, 2014. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "An Interview with Farhan Zaidi of the Oakland A's". sabernomics.com. May 25, 2005. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Slusser, Susan (February 4, 2014). "A's exec GM Farhan Zaidi takes old- and new-school approach". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "Exclusive: A's Director of Baseball Operations Farhan Zaidi Talks Top Prospects with A's Farm – Part 1". A's Farm. March 7, 2013. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Lockard, Melissa (February 19, 2014). "Oakland A's Spring Q&A: Farhan Zaidi, Part 1". scout.com. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "Dodgers hire Farhan Zaidi as GM". ESPN.com. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube
- BR Bullpen
- Athletics bio
- Laurila, David (March 8, 2013). "Sloan Analytics: Farhan Zaidi on A's Analytics". Fangraphs. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
|Los Angeles Dodgers General Manager
| Succeeded by|