Hahn at the 2015 Baseball Winter Meetings.
March 20, 1971|
University of Michigan|
Harvard Law School
Northwestern Kellogg School of Management
|Organization||Chicago White Sox|
Rick Hahn is the Vice-President/General Manager of the Chicago White Sox. Since his promotion before the 2013 season, his teams have a 290-358 record and no postseason appearances.
In July 2011, SportsIllustrated.com ranked Hahn as the #1 General Manager Candidate in Major League Baseball. Similarly, in March, 2010, Baseball America named Hahn the #1 General Manager prospect in Baseball. And, during the 2008 season, BaseballProspectus.com had named Hahn one of the top-ten GM candidates in the game.
Following the 2007 season, Hahn withdrew his name from consideration for the General Manager's job of the St. Louis Cardinals, who eventually named John Mozeliak to the position, and he also declined the opportunity to interview for the Pittsburgh Pirates GM job prior to Neal Huntington being named to that post. Additionally, the White Sox declined Hahn permission to interview for the Seattle Mariners GM job following the 2008 season.
- "Rick Hahn of the White Sox among best MLB GM candidates - Will Carroll - SI.com". Sportsillustrated.cnn.com. 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "Concern over Garcia growing | whitesox.com: News". Chicago.whitesox.mlb.com. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- Carroll, Will (2008-06-18). "The Next Ten". Baseball Prospectus. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- Goold, Derrick (2007-11-30). "Prospects: Rankings: Organization Top 10 Prospects: St. Louis Cardinals: Top 10 Prospects". BaseballAmerica.com. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100323051032/http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/hahn-to-be-honored-as-top-assistant-gm.html. Archived from the original on March 23, 2010. Retrieved April 1, 2010. Missing or empty
- "Chicago White Sox: Front Office". Chicago.whitesox.mlb.com. Retrieved 2012-10-26.