|Born||July 28, 1979|
|Alma mater||University of Notre Dame|
Upon graduation from the University of Notre Dame, Coppolella was offered a job by Intel. He chose to continue exploring opportunities in baseball, and turned Intel down for an internship with the New York Yankees, working for the MLB team from 2000 through 2006. He then joined the Braves as their director of baseball operations. He held that position until 2011, when he served as director of professional scouting. In 2012, Coppolella was promoted to assistant general manager. After Frank Wren was fired as the Braves' general manager after the 2014 season, John Hart took over as the president of baseball operations of the Braves, with Coppolella heavily involved in the team's transactions, including the trades of Craig Kimbrel and Jason Heyward. The Braves announced on October 1, 2015, that Coppolella was promoted to general manager, and signed to a four-year contract.
- Kahrl, Christina (December 4, 2015). "MLB's 30 general managers ... who are they?". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2015. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Bowman, Mark (October 1, 2015). "Braves name John Coppolella general manager". MLB.com. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- Bowman, Mark (November 7, 2014). "Coppolella's work ethic took him from intern to exec". MLB.com. Retrieved October 3, 2015.
- Morris, Ian (September 23, 2014). "The case for John Coppolella as the Braves' next GM". SBNation. Retrieved October 1, 2015 – via Yahoo! Sports.
- O'Brien, David. "Hart says 'yes' to Braves, will head baseball operations". Atlanta Journal Constitution. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- Schultz, Jeff. "Braves' moves have Coppolella's fingerprints". Atlanta Journal Constitution. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- Cooper, J.J. (October 1, 2015). "Braves Promote John Coppolella To General Manager". Baseball America. Retrieved October 4, 2015.
- "Braves promote John Coppolella to general manager". ESPN.com. Associated Press. October 1, 2015. Retrieved October 4, 2015.
- "Chat: John Coppolella". Baseball Prospectus. August 26, 2011. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Bowman, Mark (January 26, 2016). "Coppolella discusses busy offseason in Q&A". MLB.com. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube
|Atlanta Braves General Manager
| Succeeded by|