Jared Smith (American football)
Smith with the Atlanta Falcons
|No. 62 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:||March 20, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||302 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Greencastle (PA) Antrim|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 241|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Injured Reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Jared Smith is an American football guard for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at New Hampshire. He was drafted by Seattle Seahawks in the seventh round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Smith played college football for the New Hampshire Wildcats as a defensive tackle. Smith played very minimally in his freshman season, playing in only six games and recording 8 tackles. In his sophomore season, Smith played in all thirteen games for New Hampshire and recorded 38 tackles, 4 sacks, and a blocked kick. During his sophomore year Smith earned the 2010-11 CAA Commissioner's Academic Award. Smith posted similar stats in his junior season, posting 43 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and blocking another kick while playing in all 12 of the Wildcats' games.
Before Smith's senior season, he was placed on the inaugural Senior Bowl watch list. During the season, Smith recorded 26 solo tackles with 14 assists while recording 4 sacks. After the season Smith was announced as a member of the All-New England Team and the All-CAA First Team. Smith was also invited to play in the 2013 Texas vs. Nation All-Star Game, a game in which he recorded 2 sacks.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in||302 lb||33 1⁄2 in||10 1⁄2 in||5.08 s||4.39 s||7.20 s||32.5 in||115 ft 0 in||28 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On April 27, 2013, the Seattle Seahawks selected Smith with the 241st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Despite playing his entire college career on the defensive line, the Seahawks drafted Smith with the intent of using him on the offensive line. Jared Smith was added to the Seahawks practice squad on September 12, 2013. On October 8, Smith was placed on season-ending IR. Despite spending the majority of the season on IR, Smith became a Super Bowl champion when the Seahawks beat the Denver Broncos 43-8 in Super Bowl XLVIII for their first Super Bowl in franchise history.
Smith was signed by the Cowboys. On August 23, 2016, Smith was waived/injured. After clearing waivers, Smith was placed on injured reserve.
- "Football's Jared Smith on inaugural Senior Bowl Watch List". University of New Hampshire Athletics.
- "Football's Jared Smith to Play in Texas vs Nation All-Star Game". University of New Hampshire Athletics. 23 Jan 2013. Retrieved 15 Feb 2014.
- "Smith NFL Combine". NFL.com. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Farnsworth, Clare (August 1, 2013). "Focus on: Jared Smith". Seahawks.com. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "Jared Smith placed on practice squad/injured reserve, Josh Lenz signed to practice squad". Seahawks communications. October 8, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Seahawks waived Chase Dixon and Jared Smith
- Seahawks release Jared Smith with injury settlement
- FALCONS ADD MORE DEPTH TO OL WITH SMITH
- "Falcons Down to a 67-Man Roster". AtlantaFalcons.com. September 4, 2015. Retrieved September 12, 2015.