Cassa di Risparmio di Reggio Emilia
|Cassa di Risparmio di Reggio Emilia S.p.A.|
|Società per Azioni|
|Fate||merged with Banca Popolare di Brescia|
|Headquarters||Reggio Emilia, Italy|
|Services||Retail and corporate banking|
Footnotes / references|
Cassa di Risparmio di Reggio Emilia S.p.A. (Carire) was an Italian bank based in Reggio Emilia. The bank merged with Banca Popolare di Brescia in 1999.
According to Mediobanca, the bank was ranked 45th in terms of client deposits in 1998 (€1,905,209 thousands).
The bank was found on 31 March 1852 by Pietro Manodori, the president of Reggio Emilia's mount of piety (found circa 1494). The formation of the bank was authorized by a decree of Francis V, Duke of Modena, the ruler of the Duchy of Modena and Reggio at that time.
Due to Legge Amato, the daily bank operation and ownership were split into a società per azioni and a bank foundation in 1991. At first the bank had a share capital of 120 billion lire. It was increased to 183 billion lire (about €94.5 million) in 1999.
The bank was merged with Banca Popolare di Brescia (Bipop), forming Bipop Carire in 1999 (Bipop Carire was absorbed by UniCredit in 2008). Cariparma was a minority shareholder of Carire but was sold in 1999 in favor of the mergers of both Bipop Carire as well as Cariparma to Banca Intesa.
- "Carire-bipop: quota cariparma ceduta a imprenditori reggiani" (in Italian). Agenzia Giornalistica Italia. 22 May 1999. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- page 556 "Le principali societa 1999" (PDF) (in Italian). Mediobanca. 1999. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Cassa di Risparmio di Reggio Emilia" (in Italian). Fondazione Manodori. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- Di Rosanna, Cafaro (21 June 2004). "Il caso Bipop-Carire. La banca ha l'obbligo di esibire la documentazione relativa alle operazioni di investimento" (in Italian). Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- Ministry of the Treasury (23 January 1992). "Approvazione del progetto di ristrutturazione presentato dalla Cassa di risparmio di Reggio Emilia" (in Italian). Italian Republic Official Gazette. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Banca Popolare di Brescia / Cassa di Risparmio di Reggio Emilia (12 August 1999). "Estratto di atto di fusione" (in Italian). Italian Republic Official Gazette. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "1999 Annual Report" (PDF). Banca Intesa. 10 July 2000. Retrieved 16 April 2016.