Banca Popolare di Bari
|Banca Popolare di Bari S.p.A.|
|Banca Popolare di Bari S.C.p.A.|
|Società per Azioni|
|Headquarters||19 Corso Cavour, Bari, Italy|
Number of locations
|385 branches (2015)|
|13 regions of Italy (mainly in Apulia, Basilicata, Abruzzo & Umbria)|
|(€296.700 million) (2015)|
|Total assets||€14.809 billion (2015)|
|Total equity||€1.054 billion (2015)|
|Capital ratio||10.14% (CET1)|
|Website||popolarebari.it (in Italian)|
Footnotes / references|
in consolidated basis
Banca Popolare di Bari S.p.A. (BP Bari) is an Italian bank based in Bari, Apulia region. The bank covered most of mainland of Italy (13 of 18 regions), except Piedmont and Liguria, and all the autonomous regions of Italy: Aosta Valley, Trentino – South Tyrol, Friuli – Venezia Giulia and the islands of Sardinia and Sicily.
BP Bari Group had 385 branches (115 branches in Abruzzo), with BP Bari itself had 186 branches in 9 regions (80 branches in Apulia, 51 in Campania, 33 in Basilicata and 8 in Calabria) as at 31 December 2015. Tercas–Caripe had 143 branches in 2014 and Cassa di Risparmio di Orvieto had 54 branches in 2015.
Banca Popolare di Bari was found in 1960 as a cooperative bank. The bank absorbed Banca Popolare della Penisola Sorrentina, Banca Popolare di Calabria in the early 2000s. In 2001 it acquired Nuova Banca Mediterranea, a major bank in Basilicata (with branches from Campania and Apulia also). In 2004 Banca Mediterranea was also absorbed into BP Bari.
In 2014 BP Bari contributed the capital increases of Banca Tercas, which was under special administration by the state. After the transactions Banca Tercas and its subsidiary Banca Caripe, the major saving banks in Abruzzo, became subsidiaries of BP Bari.
With the state guarantee (Garanzia sulla Cartolarizzazione delle Sofferenze) to senior tranche of the bad debt (Italian: sofferenze), BP Bari securitizated €800 million gross book value of non-performing loan. (in tranches of senior and junior loans) The bank also announced to absorb the two subsidiaries Tercas and Caripe, which only retained as brands.
- "2015 Bilancio" [2015 Annual Report] (PDF) (in Italian). Banca Popolare di Bari. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "Aviva e Banca Popolare di Bari, al via la nuova partnership bancassurance" (in Italian). Banca Popolare di Bari. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "GACS: soddisfazione per la prima operazione con garanzia pubblica, decisa da Banca Popolare di Bari" (in Italian). Ministry of Economy and Finance. 25 March 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Banca Popolare di Bari - Azioni strategiche straordinarie e risultati bilancio consolidato 2015" (in Italian). Banca Popolare di Bari. 25 March 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Banca Popolare delle Province Calabre: liquidazione coatta amministrativa" (in Italian). Bank of Italy. 2 June 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "2015 Bilancio" (PDF) (in Italian). Fondazione Banco di Napoli. 2016. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- Banca Popolare di Puglia e Basilicata, an Italian bank based in Altamura, Apulia
- Banca Popolare Pugliese, an Italian bank based in Parabita, in the Province of Lecce, Apulia
- Banca Apulia, an Italian bank based in San Severo, in the Province of Foggia, Apulia, a subsidiary of Veneto Banca
- Banca Carime, an Italian bank serving southern Italy, a subsidiary of UBI Banca
- Banco di Napoli, an Italian bank serving southern Italy, a subsidiary of Intesa Sanpaolo
- Banca di Roma, a defunct subsidiary of UniCredit
- Banca della Campania, a defunct subsidiary of Banca Popolare dell'Emilia Romagna
- Banca Cattolica di Molfetta, an Italian bank based in Molfetta, Apulia, a defunct subsidiary of Banca Antonveneta
- Banca Popolare del Mezzogiorno, a defunct subsidiary of Banca Popolare dell'Emilia Romagna
- Official website (Italian)