|myosin light chain kinase family, member 4|
|Locus||Chr. 6 p25.2|
Myosin light chain kinase 4 also known as MYLK4 is an enzyme which in humans is encoded by the MYLK2 gene. MYLK4 is a member of the myosin light-chain kinase family of serine/threonine-specific protein kinases that phosphorylate the regulatory light chain of myosin II.
Not very much is known about the specific functional characteristics of MLYK4, but it has recently been found that the gene may possibly have a role in having at least one driver mutation for cancer. MYLK4 may also be involved in transferase activity, ATP binding, protein serine/threonine kinase activity, and also nucleotide binding. Other names for MYLK4 are CaMLCK like; EG238564; MYLK4; Mylk4; Myosin light chain kinase family, member 4; SgK085; SGK085; Sgk085; Sugen kinase 85; Uncharacterized serine/threonine-protein kinase SgK085.
There are other known myosin light-chain kinase enzymes.
- "RCSB Protein Data Bank - Structure Summary for 2X4F - The Crystal Structure of the Human Myosin Light Chain Kinase Loc340156.".
- Manning G, Whyte DB, Martinez R, Hunter T, Sudarsanam S (December 2002). "The protein kinase complement of the human genome". Science. 298 (5600): 1912–34. doi:10.1126/science.1075762. PMID 12471243.
- Gao Y, Ye LH, Kishi H, Okagaki T, Samizo K, Nakamura A, Kohama K (June 2001). "Myosin light chain kinase as a multifunctional regulatory protein of smooth muscle contraction". IUBMB Life. 51 (6): 337–44. doi:10.1080/152165401753366087. PMID 11758800.
- "MYLK4 - Protein (Function), MYLK4 - Protein (Function)".
- "SGC | Human Myosin Light Chain Kinase Family Member 4 (LOC340156) PDB Code: 2X4F".
- "MYLK4 Gene - GeneCards | MYLK4 Protein | MYLK4 Antibody".
- "Sgk085 : Protein Overview : UCSD Molecule Pages".