|Group:||Group IV ((+)ssRNA)|
Benyvirus is a genus of viruses, in the family Benyviridae. Plant serve as natural hosts. There are currently four species in this genus including the type species Beet necrotic yellow vein virus. Diseases associated with this genus include: BNYVV: rhizomania.
- Rice stripe necrosis virus, also known as RSNV, (ICTVdB Virus Code: 00.088.0.01.003), a rod-shaped virus containing just six open reading frames in its genome. A pathogen of rice plants, it may cause chlorosis, necrosis, and malformation.
- Beet necrotic yellow vein virus (ICTVdB Virus Code: 00.088.0.01.001)
- Beet soil-borne mosaic virus (ICTVdB Virus Code: 00.088.0.01.002)
- Burdock mottle virus (tentative) (ICTVdB Virus Code: 00.088.0.01.004)
|Genus||Structure||Symmetry||Capsid||Genomic Arrangement||Genomic Segmentation|
Viral replication is cytoplasmic. Entry into the host cell is achieved by penetration into the host cell. Replication follows the positive stranded RNA virus replication model. Positive stranded rna virus transcription is the method of transcription. The virus exits the host cell by tripartite non-tubule guided viral movement. Plant serve as the natural host. The virus is transmitted via a vector (protozoan). Transmission routes are vector.
|Genus||Host Details||Tissue Tropism||Entry Details||Release Details||Replication Site||Assembly Site||Transmission|
|Benyvirus||Plants||None||Viral movement; mechanical inoculation||Viral movement||Cytoplasm||Cytoplasm||Vector=protozoan|
- "Viral Zone". ExPASy. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- ICTV. "Virus Taxonomy: 2014 Release". Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Index of Viruses - Benyvirus (2006). In: ICTVdB - The Universal Virus Database, version 4. Büchen-Osmond, C (Ed), Columbia University, New York, USA. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ICTVdb/Ictv/fs_index.htm
- Lozano, Ivan; Morales, Francisco (22 March 2009). "Molecular characterisation of Rice stripe necrosis virus as a new species of the genus Benyvirus". European Journal of Plant Pathology. 124 (4): 673–680. doi:10.1007/s10658-009-9453-z.