Football in Cuba
|Football in the Cuba|
|Governing body||Asociación de Fútbol de Cuba|
|National team||men's national team|
Football in Cuba is run by the Asociación de Fútbol de Cuba. The association administers the national football team, as well as the Campeonato Nacional. Football is the second most popular sport in Cuba, and has it has been very popular among young people and the new generations in Cuba. Most Cubans either support Barcelona or Real Madrid C.F. Maykel Reyes was the first cuban to sign a professional contract with a foreign team.
|1||Campeonato Nacional de Fútbol de Cuba|
- Euan McTear (1970-01-01). "Cuba's route to football glory: a six-month training camp in North Korea | Football". The Guardian. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "Baseball in Their Veins, but a New Ball at Their Feet". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- Pierce, Charles P. (20 July 2015). "Diplomatic Relations: The USMNT and Cuba Play Soccer in a Changing World".
- "Carmelo Anthony Explores The Rise Of Soccer In Cuba". 3 September 2015.
- Costa, Brian (9 June 2015). "Why Baseball Is Losing Its Grip on Cuba" – via Wall Street Journal.
- "Soccer Wins Over New Generation Of Fans In Cuba".
- "Wind of change ready to blow through Cuba". 30 April 2016.
- CNN, Euan McTear. "Cuba embraces professional football after years in cold".
- Times, Los Angeles. "Soccer's popularity continues to rise in Cuba".
- "Baseball is in Cuba's blood, but soccer is stealing its heart - GrindTV.com". 20 January 2015.
- "Soccer Gains in Cuba Where Baseball is King". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "As cuba Opens the Worlds Sport May Take Hold". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-11-13.