Democratic Solidarity Party
|Leader||Fernando Sánchez López|
|Dissolved||20 February 2014|
|Political position||Centre to Centre-right|
|International affiliation||Liberal International|
The Democratic Solidarity Party (Partido Solidaridad Democrática) is a political liberal party in Cuba. Although changes to the Cuban constitution in 1992 decriminalized the right to form political parties other than the Communist Party of Cuba, these parties are not permitted to campaign or engage in any public political activities on the island. The Democratic Solidarity party describes itself as "an organization from within Cuba promoting democracy and the respect for human rights by the peaceful route." The President of the party is Fernando Sánchez López. The party is a full member of Liberal International.
In February 2007 the following persons were elected to the national executive committee of PSD:
- Fernando Sánchez López, President.
- Antonio Torres Justo, Vice president pro tempore and executive secretary
- Carlos Aitcheson Guzmán, international relations pro tempore
- Marcos Fiallo Samper, Finances
- Ignacio Padrón Navarro, Organizer
- Osmar Laffita, public relacions and spokesperson
- Orestes Cartaya Lirio, youth issues
- Juan de Dios Duke, human rights and attention to political prisoners
- Raúl Chávez Valdivia, Representative of the oriental provinces Granma, Santiago de Cuba, Guantánamo.
- Wilber Hernández Acosta, epresentantive of the oriental provinces Ciego de Avila, Camagüey, Las Tunas, Holguín
- Rolando Delgado, epresentantive of the occidental provinces
- Jorge Verrier Rodríguez, epresentantive of the central provinces
- Rafael Arias Carmona, workers and farmers issues
- Adolfo Fernández Sainz, international relations, in jail because of the 75
- Margarita Cienfuegos, women's secretary
- Rolando Delgado Ramos, Pinar del Río
- Ignacio Padrón Navarro, Havana province
- Hermes Diago Gómez, Matanzas
- Ricardo Filgueira Fajardo, Cienfuegos
- Juan de Dios Ortueta, Villa Clara
- Rubén Mulén Torno, S.Spíritus
- Israel Savigñon Revé, Camagüey
- Amauri Peña Rodríguez, Las Tunas
- Raúl Chávez Valdivia. Granma
- Eidy Graña Toledo, Holguín
- Dr. Arnoldo de la Cruz Bañobre, Santiago de Cuba.
- Argos Alejandro Matos Ricardo, Havana city
- List of political parties in Cuba
- Contributions to liberal theory
- Liberalism worldwide
- List of liberal parties
- Liberal democracy
- Liberalism in Cuba
- "Se funda Partido Solidaridad Liberal Cubano". Cuba desde Adentro. 25 February 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2016.