|No. 95 Philadelphia Eagles|
|Date of birth:||September 28, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Fresno, California|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||Fresno (CA) Hoover|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 46|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 8, 2016|
Marvin Mychal-Christopher Kendricks (born September 28, 1990) is an American football linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). After playing college football for the California Golden Bears, he was drafted by the Eagles in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft, 46th overall.
As a senior in 2011, Kendricks was the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year after recording 106 tackles, three sacks and two interceptions.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 11⅛ in||239 lb||31⅝ in||4.44 s||1.53 s||2.51 s||4.14 s||6.68 s||39½ in||10 ft 7 in||24 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Kendricks was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the second round (46th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract with the team on May 8, 2012. From day one of OTAs, Kendricks started at the SAM Linebacker position. He finished his rookie season with 75 tackles and a sack. He started his first game in Cleveland on September 9 and deflected a pass that was intercepted by safety Kurt Coleman on the Eagles 1-yard line and added five tackles. On November 11 he registered his first sack against the Dallas Cowboys' quarterback Tony Romo. Kendricks recorded 9 tackles, including two for a loss, on November 18 against the Washington Redskins. Kendricks sat out the final game of his rookie year for a concussion. He totalled 88 total tackles for his rookie season.
Kendricks switched to inside linebacker in 2013 under a new Chip Kelly 3-4 scheme. That year Kendricks recorded 106 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries and 3 interceptions. One came in the final game of the season, against the Dallas Cowboys, in a game to determine which team would win the NFC East and make the playoffs.
Kendricks signed a four-year, $29 million extension with the Philadelphia Eagles on August 24, 2015, with $16.4 million in guarantees.
- Lourie, Steven. "Philadelphia Eagles 2012 Draft Grades". Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- All-Pac-12 Conference Football Team
- Luck, Kendricks and Shaw garner honors
- Wulf, Bo (May 8, 2012). "Done Deal With LB Kendricks". philadelphiaeagles.com. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- Tim McManus (August 12, 2012). "Linebacker Watch: Mychal Kendricks". phillymag.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- Eagles Players. NFL http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/Mychal-Kendricks/dd4f344f-c80d-447e-ab95-0dac56710b2f. Retrieved 25 August 2015. Missing or empty
- Wesseling, Chris (24 August 2015). "Eagles, Mychal Kendricks reach four-year extension". NFL. NFL. Retrieved 25 August 2015.