|No. 72 Philadelphia Eagles|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||309 lb (140 kg)|
|High school:||Haltom (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 5 / Pick: 164|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 7, 2016|
Halapoulivaati Vaitai (born June 16, 1993) is an American football offensive tackle for the Philadelphia Eagles. He played college football at TCU. He was drafted in the fifth round of the 2016 NFL draft by the Philadelphia Eagles.
Vaitai attended Haltom High School and was ranked as the number 40 high school offensive line prospect in the US and number 3 in Texas during his senior season in 2011–2012. In addition to TCU, he had scholarship offers to Michigan State, Texas Tech, Arkansas, and Utah.
At TCU as a freshman in 2012, Vaitai appeared in five games as a back-up offensive lineman. As a sophomore in 2013, he appeared in 12 games with seven starts. Five of his starts were at right tackle with two being at left tackle.
As a junior in 2014, Vaitai was a second-team All-Big 12 selection. He started all 13 games at right tackle. He helped the TCU offense finish second in the nation in scoring with an average of 46.5 points-per-game and tied for fifth in total offense with an average of 533 yards-per-game. As a senior in 2015, he was a second-team All-Big 12 selection by head coaches and the Associated Press. He played in 12 of 13 total games with 10 starts. He was a member of an offensive line that helped the Horned Frogs produce both a 1,000-yard rusher and receiver for only the second time in school history.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6 in||320 lb||34 1⁄4 in||10 5⁄8 in||5.16 s||1.79 s||3.05 s||4.56 s||7.7 s||29 in||9 ft 5 in||27 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine.|
Vaitai was drafted in the fifth round, 164th overall, by the Philadelphia Eagles. It was announced on May 6, 2016, that he had signed his rookie contract with the Eagles. The contract was reportedly for four years and $2,565,124.
- "Halapoulivaati Vaitai Bio". GoFrogs.com. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "OT - Halapoulivaati Vaitai - TCU, Big 12", NFL.com, retrieved June 29, 2016
- "Halapoulivaati Vaitai #25 OT, Texas Christian". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Eagles bolster offensive line by drafting TCU's Halapoulivaati Vaitai". Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- Quigley, Ryan (May 6, 2016). "Philadelphia Eagles sign 2016 draft selections Seumal, Vaitai". InsideTheGiggles.com. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Eagles sign offensive linemen draft picks Isaac Seumalo and Halapoulivaati Vaitai". PhillyVoice.com. May 6, 2016. Retrieved September 4, 2016.