|No. 26 Philadelphia Eagles|
|Date of birth:||November 27, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Fort Myers, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||194 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Cape Coral (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 4 / Pick: 101|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 7, 2016|
Jaylen Watkins (born November 27, 1992) is an American football cornerback for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Florida. He was drafted by the Eagles in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
A native of Cape Coral, Florida, Watkins attended Cape Coral High School. He played both quarterback, wide receiver and defensive back at Cape Coral, leading his team to an 11-1 record in his senior season, advancing to the FHSAA 4A Regional semifinals. He passed for 1,230 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior and rushed for 928 yards with 10 touchdowns. He also had 29 receptions for 461 yards and five touchdowns. He also ran track at Cape Coral and advanced to the 4A Track Championships in the 4x100 relay. He was selected to play in the 2010 U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas.
Watkins attended the University of Florida from 2010 to 2013. He appeared in 48 games, with 28 starts, at both cornerback and safety. He primarily played special teams as a freshman, before earning an increased role in the defense as a sophomore and throughout his tenure at Florida. During his career, he accumulated 133 tackles, including four for loss, 21 pass breakups and three interceptions.
On September 7, 2015, Watkins was signed to the Buffalo Bills' practice squad.
Second stint with Philadelphia Eagles
On November 27, 2015, Watkins re-signed with the Eagles.
- Pipitone, Michael (November 10, 2009). "Gators commit will play in U.S. Army All-American Bowl". The Independent Florida Alligator. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "Jaylen Watkins". Rivals.com. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Maaddi, Rob (May 10, 2014). "Eagles select DB Jaylen Watkins in fourth round". USA Today. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Kaye, Mike (May 10, 2014). "NFL Draft Results: Jaylen Watkins to Philadelphia Eagles with No. 101 Pick". Bleeding Green Nation. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "Bills add Andre Fluellen to 53-man roster; Five added to practice squad". BuffaloBills.com. September 7, 2015. Retrieved September 7, 2015.
- Dougherty, Jesse (October 4, 2013). "Brothers Sammy, Jaylen Watkins share powerful bond through stardom". The Daily Orange. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Heilman, Phillip (October 28, 2013). "Big-brother influence: Florida safety Jaylen Watkins has been a guiding influence for the Gators' young defenders". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved May 10, 2014.