|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||March 2, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Carson, California|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||211 lb (96 kg)|
|High school:||Lakewood (CA)|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
|Player stats at PFR|
Dion Bailey (born March 2, 1992) is an American football safety who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He played college football at USC.
Bailey attended the University of Southern California from 2010 to 2013. After redshirting as a freshman in 2010, he switched to linebacker, where he started as a freshman and sophomore. As a freshman he was the Pac-12 Defensive Freshman of the Year. He finished the season with 81 tackles, two sacks and two interceptions. As a sophomore he started all 13 games, recording 80 tackles, four interceptions and a sack. As a junior he moved back to safety. He finished his junior season with 61 tackles and five interceptions. After the season, at the recommendation of his agent Joey "SSF" Ingraham, he announced that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
2014 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in||201 lb||32 in||9½ in||4.66 s||1.64 s||2.64 s||4.15 s||6.97 s||34.0 in||9 ft 5 in|
|All values from NFL Combine.|
Bailey signed with the Seattle Seahawks after going unselected in the 2014 NFL Draft. The Seahawks waived/injured him on August 5, 2014, but was placed on the team's injured reserve after clearing waivers the next day. He was later released with an injury settlement. Bailey was signed to the Seahawks' practice squad on October 4, 2014. He was waived on September 26, 2015.
New York Jets
Bailey was claimed off waivers by the New York Jets on September 28, 2015.
Bailey was waived/injured by the New York Jets on August 30, 2016. After going unclaimed on waivers, Bailey reverted to the team's injured reserve list. After reaching an injury settlement with the Jets, Bailey was released from the reserve list on September 2, 2016.
- Lee, Bailey named Pac-12 freshman players of the year
- USC's Marqise Lee, Dion Bailey are Pac-12 freshmen of year
- USC football: Dion Bailey moves back to safety
- Dion Bailey to enter NFL draft
- USC DB Dion Bailey to enter 2014 NFL Draft
- NFL Combine Profile
- NFL Draft Scout Profile
- Condotta, Bob (August 6, 2014). "Dion Bailey reverts to IR for Seahawks". SeattleTimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- Blount, Terry (August 10, 2014). "Seahawks Camp Report: Day 12". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- Patra, Kevin. "Seahawks activate Kam Chancellor, waive Dion Bailey". NFL.com. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Cosentino, Dom (September 28, 2015). "Jets claim safety Dion Bailey from Seattle Seahawks, waive Ronald Martin". NJ.com. Archived from the original on September 6, 2016. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- Allen, Eric (August 30, 2016). "Jets Reach 75, Waived/Injured 3 Players". New York Jets. Archived from the original on September 6, 2016. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- "New York Jets Transactions". National Football League. September 2, 2016. Archived from the original on September 6, 2016. Retrieved September 6, 2016.