|No. 86 Philadelphia Eagles|
|Date of birth:||November 10, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Orange County, California|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school:||Danville (CA) Monte Vista|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 35|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 9, 2016|
Zachary Adam Ertz (born November 10, 1990) is an American football tight end for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Eagles in the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Stanford, where he was recognized as a unanimous All-American.
Ertz was born in Orange, California. He grew up with three younger siblings. His father played for the Lehigh University football team from 1981 to 1984. Ertz played high school football and basketball at Monte Vista High School in Danville, California. As a senior, he had 56 receptions, 756 receiving yards, and 14 receiving touchdowns for the football team and was named to the All-East Bay Athletic League first team.
Ertz attended Stanford University, where he played for the Stanford Cardinal football team from 2009 to 2012. He redshirted the 2009 season. In 2010, he played 13 games and had 16 catches for 190 yards and five touchdowns. He had two receptions, including a touchdown, in the Orange Bowl that year.
Ertz had 27 receptions, 343 receiving yards, and four receiving touchdowns in 2011, despite missing three games due to a knee injury. In the Fiesta Bowl, he had four catches and one touchdown. The following season, as a junior, Ertz had 69 catches, 898 receiving yards, and six touchdowns. He had three catches for 61 yards in the Rose Bowl. His 898 receiving yards was the most by an FBS tight end that season. He was a consensus All-American, a finalist for the Mackey Award, and an All-Pac-12 first team selection.
After the 2012 season, Ertz announced that he would enter the NFL Draft.
2013 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 in||249 lb||31 3⁄4 in||9 3⁄4 in||4.68 s||4.47 s||7.08 s||35.5 in||9 ft 6 in||24 reps|
|40 time, vertical & horizontal jump from Stanford Pro Day. All other values from NFL Combine|
The Philadelphia Eagles selected Ertz in the second round, with the 35th overall pick, of the 2013 NFL Draft. The Eagles signed him to a rookie contract of undisclosed terms on May 9, 2013. On January 25, 2016, the Eagles inked Zach Ertz to a 5-year, $42 million extension.
Ertz is in a relationship with soccer player Julie Johnston; they met in 2012 at a Stanford baseball game.On February 26, 2016 Johnston and Ertz got engaged at the same baseball stadium where they met.
- "Zach Ertz Profile". gostanford.com. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Zach Ertz Draft Profile". nfl.com. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- "Zach Ertz". espn.go.com. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Faraudo, Jeff. "Stanford's Zach Ertz drafted by Philadelphia Eagles". mercurynews.com. April 26, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- Kirk, Jason. "2012 college football All-Americans: Official consensus team released". sbnation.com. December 17, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Wilner, Jon. "Stanford tight ends Zach Ertz, Levine Toilolo to enter NFL draft". mercurynews.com. January 7, 2013. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Marc Sessler, "Zach Ertz, four other rookies sign deals with Eagles," NFL.com (May 9, 2013). Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Eagles ink Zach Ertz to a 5-year, $42 million extension". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- "Julie". The Official Web Site of Zach Ertz - www.zachertz86.com. June 19, 2015.