Martin Josef Munzinger (11 November 1791 – 6 February 1855) was a Swiss politician.
He was elected to the Swiss Federal Council on 16 November 1848, as one of the first seven Councilors. While in office he held the following departments:
- Department of Finance (1848–1850)
- Political Department (1851)
- Department of Finance (1852)
- Department of Posts and Construction (1853–1854)
- Department of Trade and Customs (1855)
and was President of the Confederation in 1851.
Munzinger died in office on 6 February 1855.
- Hans Haeflinger: Bundesrat Josef Munzinger, 1953
- Profile of Josef Munzinger with election results on the website of the Swiss Federal Council.
- Hans-Rudolf Merz: Bundesrat Munzinger: Der Vater des Schweizerfrankens, 2005 (German)
- Josef Munzinger in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
Media related to Josef Munzinger at Wikimedia Commons
n/a one of the first seven
|Member of the Swiss Federal Council
| Succeeded by|
Melchior Josef Martin Knüsel