While in office he held the following departments:
- Department of Finance (1870 - 1871)
- Military Department (1872)
- Political Department as President of the Confederation (1873)
- Department of Justice and Police (1874 - 1875)
His son Pierre was a noted pacifist.
Cérésole died 1905 in Lausanne.
"Avenue Paul-Cérésole" in Vevey is named for him.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paul Cérésole.|
- Profile of Paul Cérésole with election results on the website of the Swiss Federal Council.
- Chantal Lafontant: Paul Cérésole in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
|Member of the Swiss Federal Council
| Succeeded by|