Melchior Josef Martin Knüsel
He was elected to the Swiss Federal Council on July 14, 1855, representing the Canton of Lucerne, and handed over office on December 31, 1875. He was affiliated with the Radicals. While in office he held the following departments:
- Department of Finance (1855 - 1856)
- Department of Trade and Customs (1857)
- Department of Justice and Police (1858)
- Department of Trade and Customs (1859 - 1860)
- Political Department (1861) as President of the Confederation
- Department of Finance (1862 - 1863)
- Department of Justice and Police (1864 - 1865)
- Political Department (1866) as President of the Confederation
- Department of Justice and Police (1867 - 1873)
- Department of Home Affairs (1874 - 1875)
He was President of the Confederation twice, in 1861 and 1866.
- Profile of Melchior Josef Martin Knüsel with election results on the website of the Swiss Federal Council.
- Markus Trüeb: Josef Martin Knüsel in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland, 2006-01-18.
|Member of the Swiss Federal Council
| Succeeded by|