|Coordinates: 40°46′N 29°49′E / 40.76°N 29.81°ECoordinates: 40°46′N 29°49′E / 40.76°N 29.81°E|
|• District||222.97 km2 (86.09 sq mi)|
|• District density||580/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
Derince Port is a few of the ports in Turkey under government control. Port is operated by the Turkish State Railways (TCDD). Having one of the biggest storage area in the region, the port is widely used for finished vehicle product transportation.
Derince is one of the few ports with railway connection in that area, and has the longest rail network within the port. Two rail ferry services is using Derince Port, Tekirdağ-Derince operated by TCDD and Derince-Illichivsk/Poti operated by Bati Wagon.
The port is in the privatization list of Privatization Administration. The privatization process had restarted in October 2013. Six companies gave offer for Derince Port, but the tender process was cancelled when none of them continued in public auction.
The İzmit İsmetpaşa Stadium is located in Derince.
Twin towns — sister cities
Derince is twinned with:
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Derince Port". TCDD.
- Uysal, Onur (12 Feb 2014). "Railway Connected Ports of Turkey". Rail Turkey.
- "Derince Port". Turkish Privatization Agency.
- Uysal, Onur (7 October 2013). "Derince Port to be Privatized". Rail Turkey.
- Uysal, Onur (20 January 2014). "Who Will Operate Derince Port". Rail Turkey.
- "Kadın Ligleri - 1. Lig Fikstür Puan Cetveli" (in Turkish). Türkiye Futbol Federasyonu. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to derince.|