|Hubs||John C Munro Hamilton International Airport|
Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport|
|Parent company||Cargojet Inc.|
|Headquarters||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|Key people||Ajay K. Virmani (President & CEO)|
Cargojet Inc. (TSX: CJT) is a scheduled cargo airline based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. It operates cargo services in Canada and internationally, as well as full aircraft charters. Its main base is John C Munro Hamilton International Airport. Cargojet Airways is a public company with over 800 employees and has 85 million USD market capitalization.
The airline was established on 21 February 2002 and started operations in June 2002. It was formerly Canada 3000 Cargo. Ajay Virmani initially acquired 50% of Canada 3000 Cargo in July 2001 and bought the remaining half in February 2002. He is the Chief Executive and President of the airline. The name change to Cargojet came into effect on 22 February 2002. In July 2002 it acquired Winnport Logistics. It is wholly owned by Ajay Virmani and has 405 employees (at March 2007).
On July 17, 2007 Cargojet Airways acquired the Georgian Express cargo operations. The regional operation will operate under the name CARGOJET REGIONAL. When acquired, Georgian Express operates three Beech 1900 freighter and four Cessna Caravan freighter aircraft.
- Domestic (mainline):
- Domestic (truck connection):
- International (mainline):
- International (truck connection) :
- Newark, NJ from Hamilton.
Arctic Co-op Limited
Canadian North Cargo
First Air Cargo
|Aircraft||In Service||In Storage||Payload||Notes|
|Boeing 727-200F||7||0||60,000 lb|
|Boeing 757-200PCF||5||0||80,000 lb|
|Boeing 767-200ERF||1||0||100,000 lb|
|Boeing 767-300ERF||8||0||125,000 lb|
- "Cargojet Acquires The Cargo Assets of Georgian Express Ltd. Press Release July 15, 2007". Cargojet.com. 2007-07-17. Archived from the original on 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "2013 Schedule" (PDF). 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-07.
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 9.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cargojet Airways.|