|Founded||11 September 2006|
|Commenced operations||28 March 2011|
|Hubs||Douala International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Star Awards|
L’étoile du Cameroun |
(The Star of Cameroon)
|Key people||Ernest dikoum (General Director)|
The Cameroon Airlines Corporation, trading as Camair-Co, is an airline from Cameroon, serving as flag carrier of the country, a role which was previously filled by the now-defunct Cameroon Airlines. Camair-Co has its headquarters in the Immeuble La Rotonde in Douala, and operates out of Douala International Airport.
Camair-co was created on 11 September 2006 by decree of Paul Biya, the President of Cameroon, as a company aimed at replacing Cameroon Airlines, the country's national airline at that time. Cameroon Airlines was shut down in June 2008, but it took until 2011 for Camair-Co to launch flight services. The inaugural flight from Douala to Paris via Yaoundé took place on 28 March.
An Airline company with a capital of 100 million CFA francs, the Cameroon Airlines Corporation for short Camair-Co, which specializes in air transportation of passengers and goods was created by Presidential Decree No. 2006/293 of 11 September 2006 with the sole shareholder, the State of Cameroon.
Camair-Co has been loss-making since its creation. Financial and other trends for Camair-Co (for years ending 31 December) are:
|Net profit (XOFbn)||−9||−||−|
|Net profit (US$m)||−18.1||−||−|
|Number of employees (at year end)||<400||520|
|Number of passengers (m)||0.1|
|Passenger load factor (%)||45|
|Number of aircraft (at year end)||3||3||3|
|Boeing 787-8||0||2||-||-||242||Deliveries: 2015.|
- "Cameroon's aviation market experiences strong growth driven by Camair-Co and regional competitors". Centre for Aviation. 23 September 2013.
- "Contacts." Camair-Co. Retrieved on May 12, 2016. "Immeuble La Rotonde- Boulevard de la liberté BP 4852 Douala-Cameroun "
- Tumanjong, Emmanuel (28 March 2011). "New Cameroon State Aviation Corp. Targets Chinese Skies". Nasdaq. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Atterissage définitif de la Camair". Les Afriques. 5 June 2008. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Camair.co: Le Cameroun reprend les airs". CamerPress: Agence camerounaise d'information. 28 March 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "New Cameroon national carrier Camair-Co fails to reach first year targets, but continues to grow". CAPA Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Camair-Co to embark on restructuring program". ch-aviation. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- Camair-Co timetable
- "Camair-Co". Airliner World (December 2016): 15.
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 8.
- Reuters. "Cameroon orders two Boeing Dreamliners for $429 mln". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 4 September 2015.