Billy Winn (American football)
Winn with the Broncos in 2016
|No. 97 Denver Broncos|
|Date of birth:||April 15, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||300 lb (136 kg)|
|High school:||Las Vegas (NV)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 6 / Pick: 205|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 12, 2016|
William Jesse Winn, Jr. (born April 15, 1989) is an American football defensive end for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Boise State. He was considered one of the best defensive tackle prospects for the 2012 NFL Draft and was drafted in the 6th round by the Cleveland Browns.
High school career
Winn attended Las Vegas High School, graduating in 2007.
Winn attended Boise State University from 2007 to 2011.
Winn had a strong rookie season with 26 tackles, 1 sack, and an interception.
On September 11, 2015, Winn was traded to the Indianapolis Colts for a conditional 2017 draft pick. He was placed on season-ending injured reserve on December 21.
On July 31, 2016, Winn signed with the Denver Broncos. His free agent contract is for one-year and $760,000.
- NFL Draft Scout
- "Indianapolis Colts make roster moves". blogs.colts.com. December 21, 2015. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- Mason, Andrew (July 31, 2016). "Broncos place NT Phil Taylor on injured reserve; sign DE Billy Winn". denverbroncos.com. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- "Sportrac.com: Billy Winn contract". Sportrac.com. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Boise State Broncos bio
- Media related to Billy Winn (American football) at Wikimedia Commons