Gotsis in 2016
|No. 99 Denver Broncos|
|Date of birth:||September 23, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Melbourne, Australia|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||287 lb (130 kg)|
|High school:||Kew High School (VIC)|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 2 / Pick: 63|
|Career NFL statistics|
Gotsis was born in Melbourne, Australia to parents of Greek heritage, he was raised in the suburb of Abbotsford. He grew up playing Australian rules football and supported the North Melbourne Football Club in the Australian Football League. At the age of 13, while attending Kew High School, his interest in Australian rules football had waned and his mother discovered a local junior American football club, the Monash Warriors, via a Google search that Gotsis and his older brother would later join. He progressed through the local ranks and eventually represented the Australian national American football team at the IFAF World Championship in December 2011. A month later Gotsis signed to play College football for Georgia Tech and arrived in Atlanta in July 2012.
Gotsis spent four years playing College football for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets football team and graduated with a degree in Business Administration in December 2015.
- Aussie Adam Gotsis set to land $3m deal after making it all the way from Abbotsford in Melbourne to the NFL with reigning Superbowl (sic) champions Denver Broncos
- Australians Adam Gotsis, Tom Hackett hopeful ahead of NFL draft
- Georgia Tech Football: Adam Gotsis
- IFAF announces first of 12 players named to World Team roster to face USA in annual International Bowl
- Australian DT Adam Gotsis commits to Georgia Tech
- Ken Sugiura (April 28, 2016). "How Adam Gotsis made himself an NFL draft prospect". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Denver Broncos Take Gotsis Despite Knee Issues
- NFL Broncos welcome Aussie pick Gotsis
- Melanie Dinjaski (May 27, 2016). "NFL: Adam Gotsis officially signs rookie contract with Denver Broncos for $5.4 million". foxsports.com. Retrieved November 14, 2016.