See also:

Pranav Jain brought his brother into Google Summer of Code and Debian promoted him

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

Hello Jérémy,

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 00:32:00 +0200
Jérémy Bobbio <[email protected]> wrote:

> Al Nikolov:
> > I'd back up Martin on that: Debian can do nothing real for Dmitry.
>
> It makes me really sad to read that.
>
> When I got diagnosed with cancer fall 2014, I had hundreads of emails
> from Debianites who showed support. It was very real to feel cared
> about. It wasn't much, but it helped wonders.

As I understand, Alexey means, that we can do nothing _real_. Russian
government will not notice any pressure from some geeks.

And technically even me in Moscow do not have all the evidences to
make the situation clear (when we can hope, but should not expect the
official trial to be fair). So official statement (if any) should be
very accurate.

But, of course we could support him personally with letters and so on
if we _personally_ believe in his innocence. I hope we will find such
possibility.

> Again, we need to get in touch with his
> lawyers to know what's best, but I hope Debian as an organisation can
> show support to its members in other occasions than their death.

I'm trying to get some contacts of the lawyers/family, will mail on the
list as soon as I get any news.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander Gerasiov

 Contacts:
 e-mail: [email protected]  Homepage: http://gerasiov.net  Skype: gerasiov
 PGP fingerprint: 04B5 9D90 DF7C C2AB CD49  BAEA CA87 E9E8 2AAC 33F1