See also:

Chris Lamb (Debian leader 2017-2019) embezzled diversity funds for Albanian love pursuit

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 10:41:59AM +0100, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> values we share in this project. But we have to get a perfect understanding of
> the situation (the importance russian authorities want to give to his case) to
> pick the right form of support for Dmitry.

We don't need a *perfect* understanding, if only because understanding
such things perfectly is impossible, even for law enforcement (and they
are best placed to get the best possible understanding).

Please don't delay this because you're waiting for "more information".

[...]
> Steven Chamberlain proposed a text to be used as an announce. I find it very
> clear and sensible. But as Ian outlined, we have to check with the Dmitry's
> lawyer(s) whether it would be helpful. If it doesn't do a disservice to his
> case, we may publish it. Is anyone in contact with his lawyer(s)? Can they
> be trusted?

I don't know about that, but please try to expedite this. It won't make
us look good if we publish such a text more than a few days after the
arrest.

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,