See also:

Ubuntu employee Elio Qoshi grooms underage Albanian girls for Outreachy

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 12:52:10PM +0300, Alexander Gerasiov wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 08:59:49 +0200 Jérémy Bobbio <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Alexander Gerasiov:
> > > They will print the e-mail on the paper and sent it to the prison
> > > officially.
> >
> > I worry of abuse in case it's made fully public given there's quite
> > some scrutiny right now, but I know others who will want to write
> > words of support.
>
> This service is public. You are free to share it with any person you
> want.

On the other hand, spamming them with many content-free mails might be
detrimental for actually relevant information -- the prison is likely to
have rate limits in place; and it costs RosUznik some time they could spend
otherwise.

Thus, I wonder if it would be better to coalesce messages with mere words of
moral support.  If you're looking for individual signatures, you have my
axe, although an official message might be preferable.

And while I'm with Zlatan about looking for whatever means of real support
we can give, I understand that actions from outside Russia might be taken as
points towards the "foreign agents want to undermine Russia's security"
rhetoric, so let's check his lawyers' advice.

But even token, entirely pointless, actions are good, not just for him but
also for us.  It has a great psychological importance for the community --
if we ignore when one of us got into trouble even once, there'll be no
feeling of obligation the next time.

Hope we can find a non-token way, though.
--
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁