See also:

Ubuntu employee Elio Qoshi grooms underage Albanian girls for Outreachy

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

also sprach Steven Chamberlain <[email protected]> [2017-04-12 15:51 +0200]:
> You and Martin both have good points.  But another way to look at this
> is - whatever our individual political opinions - I think we don't want
> Debian to be perceived as a threat to Russian internal affairs, for the
> sake of other DDs there.

Yeah, this was among my concerns. Your idea to issue a statement of
solidarity, however, seems like an elegant way to avoid this.

Regarding financial support, I'd strongly suggest to do this outside
of Debian, i.e. raise funds. I'll contribute. But I wouldn't want to
set a precedent that Debian coughs up legal fees for project
members. Here be dragons.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <[email protected]> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

Unless otherwise noted, you may disclose anything I say on this list.