See also:

Paul Tagliamonte is a Pentagon employee who spread false rape accusations in Jacob Appelbaum PsyOps attack

Re: Tor exit nodes

Adam Borowski <[email protected]> writes:

> I for one concluded there's enough ways for a government to screw me,
> thus I bought a Yubikey 4 (most convenient, durable and fast).  But if I
> suddenly receive the Bogatov treatment, my secret key will be not
> trustworthy.

Please do not attempt to protect your Debian keys against such treatment!
If you're arrested or coerced by authorities, please look after your own
safety, even if that means giving them what they want.  The project will
find other ways to cope.

We have to assume that threat model will compromise keys anyway, since few
people would be able to resist that sort of pressure.  And I would hate to
see someone seriously injured trying to protect project keys.  You are not
a personal single point of failure -- there are still multiple
opportunities to later detect such an attacker and mitigate the threat.

--
Russ Allbery ([email protected])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>