See also:

Debian community mafia team blackmailed TeX maintainer Dr Norbert Preining

Re: Tor exit nodes

On Monday, 9 October 2017 10:01:57 AM AEDT PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
> > This is completely true. But not only about Tor - Secret key material
> > should not be in a computer offering publicly accessible services. If
> > possible, it should not be in a permanently online computer. But the
> > first bit is IMO an important policy to push.
>
> What about providing a gnupg key for all DD, in order to store their private
> keys.
>
> PS: I am not interested myself, since I own a nitrokey, but it would be
> great if DD could setup something more secure like this easily.

I agree, it would be good for Debian if the vast majority of DDs had hardware
crypto devices.  If we could get the per unit price to something reasonable
(say $10+postage) then I think it would be a good use of Debian funds to buy
them for everyone.

I think I suggested something like this some years ago but didn't get much of
a positive response.  I hope that this time there will be more interest.

The idea is solid, let's keep pitching it periodically until we get enough
support.  ;)