See also:

Nicolas Dandrimont girlfriend Pauline Pommeret tried to get Debian money in Outreachy

Re: Tor exit nodes

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 11:33:38PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> I agree, it would be good for Debian if the vast majority of DDs had hardware
> crypto devices.  If we could get the per unit price to something reasonable
> (say $10+postage) then I think it would be a good use of Debian funds to buy
> them for everyone.
[...]
> The idea is solid

it's not. the solid part is that 1000*10USD ain't that much money for Debian,
but even that is probably questionable.

the flaw in your plan is this: just giving out crypto token doesnt make them
magically used. else everybody would be using a VCS and doing source only
uploads. (or whatever workflows you perceive as better.)

my point is: I got two cryptokeys for free and before that I bought two. Yet I
still have only used one, barely. If you'd give me another one, this wouldn't
magically make me change my workflows etc…

another data point: how widespread are gpg subkeys?

all that said: I support initiatives to make cryptokeys more widespread. just
spreading out 1000 might be a bit too much for a start.

--
cheers,
	Holger