Unstoppable: The Emerging Left–Right Alliance to Dismantle the Corporate State
|Media type||Print (Hardback & Paperback)|
|LC Class||JK467 .N34 2014|
Unstoppable: The Emerging Left-Right Alliance to Dismantle the Corporate State is a non-fiction book by American consumer advocate Ralph Nader, published in 2014 by Nation Books. Nader argues that there are many issues which progressives, libertarians and conservatives can agree on, such as opposition to "free trade" agreements, too much Wall Street influence in Washington, opposition to "corporate welfare", preservation of civil liberties, opposition to foreign military entanglements, etc., and that by working together they can defeat entrenched interest groups and achieve their desired policy outcomes.
According to a review in The Charleston Gazette,
Their agreements often center on our government’s aggressive foreign interventions and wars, under both Republican and Democratic presidents, as well as the huge of amount of federal tax dollars spent to benefit a handful of large corporations and defense contractors.
A review in The Washington Post notes,
It’s a backhanded compliment to Nader that the stampede of corporate lobbyists into Washington starting in the 1970s began as an effort to counter him.
Conservative Grover Norquist has endorsed the book and concept, saying, “Right and left coalitions are areas of principle agreement, on perhaps procedure or even goals. Not a compromise where somebody walks in and gives up part of their soul in order to get something that moves — they think — slightly in the wrong direction, in the hope of doing something else.” Reviews in both conservative and liberal publications tend to focus on Nader's career and on describing the content of the book. However, a review in Alternet suggests that "The legendary consumer advocate has lost his political compass."
A community gathering based on the book has been held in Washington, D.C.
- "Unstoppable the emerging left-right alliance to dismantle the corporate state". Toronto Public Library. April 4, 2014.
- Nyden, Paul J. "Far-left and right have more in common than you may think". The Charleston Gazette. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- Breitman, Kendall (2014-09-04), "Where Nader and Norquist agree", Politico, Capitol News Company, retrieved 2016-02-16
- Coren, Courtney (2014-05-08). "Nader: There's a 'Left-Right Alliance' Against Crony Capitalism". Newsmax. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Unstoppable: The Emerging Left-Right Alliance to Dismantle the Corporate State (signed by Ralph Nader)". Politics & Prose Bookstore. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- Werleman, CJ (2014-05-02). "Ralph Nader Wants You to Join Right-Wing Libertarians to Solve America's Problems: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?". Alternet. Retrieved 2014-06-03.
- "QA Ralph Nader: Ralph Nader talked about his book, Unstoppable: The Emerging Left-Right Alliance to Dismantle the Corporate State.". C-SPAN.org Video. 2014-04-25. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Consumer advocate Ralph Nader". PBS. 2014-05-12. Retrieved 2014-06-02. Missing or empty
- "Ralph Nader on TPP, GM Recall, Nuclear Power & the "Unstoppable" Left-Right Anti-Corporate Movement". Democracy Now!. 2014-04-28. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- Queally, Jon (2014-05-27). "Nader Gathering Explores Potential of Left/Right Alliance". Common Dreams. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "UNSTOPPABLE". The Nader Page. Retrieved 2014-06-02.