|No. 36, 42|
|Date of birth:||March 16, 1942|
|Place of birth:||Oakland, California|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school:||Fremont (Oakland, California)|
|College:||Merritt College, Utah State|
|NFL Draft:||1968 / Round: 1 / Pick: 13|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
MacArthur Lane (born March 16, 1942) is a former professional football player, a running back in the National Football League for eleven seasons, from 1968 to 1978 for the St. Louis Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, and Kansas City Chiefs.
Born and raised in Oakland, California, Lane graduated from Fremont High School, where he was all-city. He worked for several years in a machine shop, then played his first season of college football at Merritt College and transferred to Utah State University. Known as "Truck" in Logan, Lane was a linebacker as a sophomore and moved to running back as a junior, and averaged 6.9 yards per carry for his final two seasons.
Lane was selected by the St. Louis Cardinals in the first round of the 1968 NFL Draft, the 13th overall pick. He was a Pro Bowl selection in 1970 when he led the NFL in rushing touchdowns with 11. After four seasons in St. Louis, Lane was traded to Green Bay in February 1972 for Donny Anderson. Teamed in the backfield with John Brockington, the Packers won the division and returned to the playoffs for the first time since 1967. With a new coaching staff in 1975, Lane was traded to Kansas City in July for a future draft pick. He played his final four seasons with the Chiefs, and during the 1976 season, Lane led the NFL in receptions with 66.
- Hendricks, Martin (May 23, 2012). "MacArthur Lane was half of tough backfield". Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- "Utah State University Intercollegiate Athletics Hall Of Fame Announces Class Of 2008". Utah State University Athletics. April 26, 2007. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- "Lane dealt to Chiefs". Observer-Reporter. Washington, Pennsylvania. Associated Press. July 10, 1975. p. C6.
- Sauerberg, George (July 10, 1975). "Lane surprised by trade". Milwaukee Sentinel. p. 1-part 2.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • Pro-Football-Reference • Databasefootball.com